Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

You might try the alternate configuration: XHCI Mode = "Smart Auto", then use FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (keep in mind you'll need a completely different SSDT-UIAC.aml).
I'll give it a try. So I think install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, what should I do re the SSDT-UIAC.aml please? Also, am I still using the EHC1/2 to EH01/2 rename?

Antenna connections good?
Did you test the hardware in Windows?
Country code issue?

Well, it's a laptop though...
But yeah, it's fine and all in Windows, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.
Country code issue
Oohh.. is that really relevant to this problem? Well, I'm currently on the default region. Let me change it a bit.
Edit: even after changing the region to #a (that people said should had increased the channel), it's still null.

Last edited:
You should both be posting in the appropriate laptop forum.
Ah, my bad, I thought this post installation > network subforum is also for laptop.

@RehabMan

does anyone know if bcm9460hmb half Mini PCIe can be plugged into a pcie x16 slot if the mother board doesn't have pcie x1 slot? doesn't look like gigabyte h370n or z370n has pcie x1 slot on the board.. Sorry I just couldn’t find the answer directly from the forum search..

Last edited:
I have a Lenovo BCM94352Z! Is there an extension to add more length? Have only the possibilty to fix 2280 lenght on my mainboard...

@RehabMan

does anyone know if bcm9460hmb half Mini PCIe can be plugged into a pcie x16 slot if the mother board doesn't have pcie x1 slot? doesn't look like gigabyte h370n or z370n has pcie x1 slot on the board.. Sorry I just couldn’t find the answer directly from the forum search..

'HMB' is half-mini PCie.

Hello everybody,

trying to get Bluetooth to work again after going to Mojave (10.14. and 10.14.1) from Sierra.
I did a clean install because I thought I had something misconfigured - I could not install High Sierra or later with 16.2 system definition. Even clean install did not work with 16.2, so I am now running with 14.2 and HD6200 graphics.
I did restore the old system from TimeMachine, so there might have been some things restored that should not have been.

Broadcom BCM94360HMB seems to natively support Wifi, but Bluetooth is not working any more.
Removed FakePCIID stuff I hope, added BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext to /L/E with KextBeast but they do not seem to load. Cannot find any error messages referring to why.

My configuration:
Board ASRock Z97E-ITX/AC latest BIOS
Intel i5-5675c with HD 6200
Broadcom BCM94360HMB 0x0b05:0x180a

Bluetooth does appear under USB as BCM20702A0, so I hope it is configured well enough?

Am adding lots of problem reporting files in case they could help as required - and am hoping for suggestions.
Any further output required?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Rudolf

You might try the alternate configuration: XHCI Mode = "Smart Auto", then use FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (keep in mind you'll need a completely different SSDT-UIAC.aml).

Before I head over to USB thread for help trying the above. I have another question:

I've noticed that when Bluetooth is unavailable after sleep, if I log out of user account and log back in then BT is available again. Does this give any better clue to solution? I've attached fresh PR files

Attachments

• debug_12869.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
(Help) I So I have a Brodcom BCM94360CD and I cant get my Mx Master 2s to connect to bluetooth. My bluetooth see it but wont connect for some reason. Can Someone me please?

added BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext to /L/E with KextBeast but they do not seem to load. Cannot find any error messages referring to why.

Maybe someone can tell me where to look for reasons?
I do not understand why these Brcm* kexts are not loading...

Did anyone find other errors in my config?
(I saw that one person viewed my files ;o)

Thanks,
Rudolf

Back