Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

In BIOS there are two settings I see, “XHCI Mode” which is enabled and I also see “XHCI Hand-Off” which is enabled

You might try the alternate configuration: XHCI Mode = "Smart Auto", then use FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (keep in mind you'll need a completely different SSDT-UIAC.aml).

I'm a newbie...

my kext is :

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
ACS6x.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
AppleALC.kext
AppleBacklightInjector.kext
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
ArcMSR.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
CPUFriend.kext
CPUFriendDataProvider.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
Lilu.kext
PromiseSTEX.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
SoftRAID.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
ufsd_NTFS.kext

Sometimes when enable wifi the osx reboot . I create the log ( attached on this post) and I see from the first post I think I have old method to use Wi-Fi and BT device

It's correct to think to resolve I have to remove from LE the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and use only the AirportBrcmFixup.kext on the LE? After I have to rebuild and restart the osx?

Attachments

• debug_24008.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
I'm a newbie...

my kext is :

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
ACS6x.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
AppleALC.kext
AppleBacklightInjector.kext
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
ArcMSR.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
CPUFriend.kext
CPUFriendDataProvider.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
Lilu.kext
PromiseSTEX.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
SoftRAID.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
ufsd_NTFS.kext

Sometimes when enable wifi the osx reboot . I create the log ( attached on this post) and I see from the first post I think I have old method to use Wi-Fi and BT device

It's correct to think to resolve I have to remove from LE the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and use only the AirportBrcmFixup.kext on the LE? After I have to rebuild and restart the osx?

AirportBrcmFixup.kext is for WiFi. BrcmPatchRAM2/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext are for BT.

You should post your question in the laptop forums.
(with full PR files as per FAQ).

Ifixit has a guide on how to upgrade the ram on a 2018 Mac Mini, this image https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac+mini+Late+2018+Memory+Replacement/115309#s221402 shows a BCM94360CS. I wonder if this is a special chip though, given that it supports BT5?
I have this chip.

I just got my mac up and running High Sierra. I have no clue how I did it though. I am now scared to even touch this computer and I need to install this chip.

I have the broadcom 94360CD for Z370N. I dont know if I need an adapter or not. Right now, the computer works, I am afraid that I am going to start messing with it and just break the whole thing again and never get it back up and running. I am shocked that it worked so far.

I didnt even have to do anything with multibeast.

I have -
Thermaltake V21 Case
GA-Z370N-WiFi mobo
Intel i7-8700k
AMD RX 480 GPU
16gb 3466Mhz ram
600SFX Corsair PSU

I spent like two days just trying to get the installer to not show a prohibited sign. Then all of a sudden it didnt show a prohibited sign, it installed, and I dont even remember my steps to get there.

So, I removed (as far as I know) all patches and kexts related to Wifi, the wifi is on sure, but it doesn't seem to detect any connections. Anyone care to help me fix this?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 90
So, I removed (as far as I know) all patches and kexts related to Wifi, the wifi is on sure, but it doesn't seem to detect any connections. Anyone care to help me fix this?

Thanks.

Antenna connections good?
Did you test the hardware in Windows?
Country code issue?

Back