Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

I have an annoying issue, Bluetooth not available after sleep.

If I reboot, all OK, also if I switch to a different user account when sleep breaks bluetooth then it is working.

This is what I see after sleep:

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 19.38.28.png

If I check in About This Mac/System Report/Bluetooth it tells me Bluetooth is working, screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 19.43.49.png

Problem reporting files attached, so grateful if you can help

Attachments

• debug_21745.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 82
I have an annoying issue, Bluetooth not available after sleep.

If I reboot, all OK, also if I switch to a different user account when sleep breaks bluetooth then it is working.

This is what I see after sleep:

View attachment 363531

If I check in About This Mac/System Report/Bluetooth it tells me Bluetooth is working, screenshot below:

View attachment 363532

Problem reporting files attached, so grateful if you can help

This ioreg shows BT working. Does it represent the problem scenario?

Note: config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be set "Detect".

This ioreg shows BT working. Does it represent the problem scenario?

Yes, I ran the install_tools script after I had put to sleep and then woke, Bluetooth was showing as not available when I generated the report (but system report showing BT working....)

: config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be set "Detect".

I edited my config.plist as shown below, is this correct?

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 20.35.15.png

Last edited:
The actual guides only mention Bluetooth V4 and advise us to get a Broadcom BCM94360 like the DW1830.
Apple is now using the Bluetooth V5 so I was hoping to see the recommended chipset in the guide.

Do you have any idea on what is the recommendation for Bluetooth V5 with Native Support?

You should use a plist editor, not a text editor, but it looks ok.
I did

RehabMan said:
What is trezord?
I use a USB device called Trezor to access my cryptocurrency accounts. It has not been plugged into this machine for a couple of months I think

I use a USB device called Trezor to access my cryptocurrency accounts. It has not been plugged into this machine for a couple of months I think

Maybe you should remove the related software.

Maybe you should remove the related software.
Removed the Trezor software and "trezord" has now gone from USBXHI that you highlighted.

The problem persists, new problem reporting files attached, generated with the "Bluetooth not available" message showing after sleep/wake.

Thanks as always for looking at my issue, I will be eternally grateful if you find the answer, so frustrating!

Attachments

• debug_10136.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 82
Removed the Trezor software and "trezord" has now gone from USBXHI that you highlighted.

The problem persists, new problem reporting files attached, generated with the "Bluetooth not available" message showing after sleep/wake.

Thanks as always for looking at my issue, I will be eternally grateful if you find the answer, so frustrating!

Do you have xHCI mode = "Enabled" in BIOS?

Do you have xHCI mode = "Enabled" in BIOS?
In BIOS there are two settings I see, “XHCI Mode” which is enabled and I also see “XHCI Hand-Off” which is enabled

Back