Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

No need of FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext or BrcmFirmwareData.kext or any Clover patch listed on this guide?

Correct.

And what's the meaning in AirportBrcmFixup Readme?

Installation types
  • Clover Airport Fix + AirportBrcmFixup
  • Clover Airport Fix + AddProperties(fake device-id) + AirportBrcmFixup (preferable)
  • Clover Airport Fix + AirportBrcmFixup + FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
  • AirportBrcmFixup + FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

It is wrong.

I made the USB SSDT, I missed the fact that you can mark things as internal (I guess that could make a difference). Still no Bluetooth... I also tried
Code:
portType=2
instead of
Code:
UsbConnector=255
to no avail.

Uploading problem reporting files. Specs are:
  • Mobo: Gigabyte Z370P D3
  • CPU: i7-8700K
  • GPU: Gigabyte Radeon™ RX VEGA 64 GAMING OC 8G
  • WiFi/BT: BCM94360CD

Attachments

• debug_11715.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
I made the USB SSDT, I missed the fact that you can mark things as internal (I guess that could make a difference). Still no Bluetooth... I also tried
Code:
portType=2
instead of
Code:
UsbConnector=255
to no avail.

Uploading problem reporting files. Specs are:
  • Mobo: Gigabyte Z370P D3
  • CPU: i7-8700K
  • GPU: Gigabyte Radeon™ RX VEGA 64 GAMING OC 8G
  • WiFi/BT: BCM94360CD

I assume this from your kernel log has something to do with it:
Code:
2018-10-23 19:39:54.225180+0200 0x983      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOBluetoothFamily) **** [IOBluetoothFamily][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- 'IOBluetoothUSBDFU.kext' is loaded causing this missing Blutooth Controller Transport problem

Firmware on the device not compatible, or not up-to-date with what the BT kexts want?
(I suspect 'FU' stands for 'firmware update').

I have working bluetooth with my BCM943602CS but sleep breaks it and I see this:

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 19.48.19.png

Reboot and bluetooth seems OK again till next sleep.

AFAIK USB is now configured correctly with help of Rehabman, can anyone help me with the BT issue now?

Attachments

• debug_5678.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 72
I have a Dell DW1830 which provides Wi-Fi OOB, no kexts, but I have been unable to get Bluetooth to work. I seem to have an ongoing issue with SIP and kexts not loading in /L/E because they are 'unsigned'.
Have tried Rehabman's Brcm package without success, just as a casual idea I tried a years-old D-Link DBT-122 USB Bluetooth adapter and it worked straight away! Apparently it is Broadcom-based.

So I don't need to worry about the DW1830.

Is there a solution or guide somewhere for how to fix this? I even replaced the entire card, still doesn't want to work. The second one is from a real MBP according to the seller. Maybe I need to replace the PCIe casing for it?

Edit: I tried manually grabbing the firmware and flashing it using dfu-util on macOS:

Code:
$ sudo ./dfu-util 05ac 828d 20702_828D.dfu
dfu-util, utility to flash dfu firmware into USB devices on OS X.
Based on original dfu-tool & dfu-programmer for Linux.

[i] Initiating DFU for USB device [05ac:828d].
The file 20702_828D.dfu contains a DFU suffix with the following properties:
BCD device:   0x0146
Product ID:   0x828D
Vendor ID:   0x05AC
BCD DFU:   0x0100
Length:       16
CRC:       0x7C8ECA6F
[i] USB [05ac:828d Љ v280] "Bluetooth USB Host Controller" by "Apple Inc."
[i] USB device has 1 configurations.
[i] DFU descriptor attributes 0x07 [Download, Upload, Manifestation Tolerant, Reserved bits: 0x00], Timeout: 5000, Transfer Size: 64
[i] Device State appIDLE, Status No error condition is present
[i] Transitioning from STATE_APP_IDLE into STATE_DFU_IDLE.
[!] Device is not in dfu mode (state appDETACH).
[!] Failed to enter DFU mode.

Edit: Getting the firmware from macOS and flashing that firmware in Ubuntu worked. Now BT is working. :D

Last edited:
Back