Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

I’m having so much trouble choosing between a BCM94352Z, which seems to be quite popular, and a BCM94350ZAE, which is said to be “native”, although people seems to have different experiences with it, and it apparently still need kexts to work properly.
I’d like to have the best module possible and I can’t find enough information to decide, this module is going to replace the Intel module on an Asrock Z370M-ITX/ac motherboard.
Any advice?

I’m having so much trouble choosing between a BCM94352Z, which seems to be quite popular, and a BCM94350ZAE, which is said to be “native”, although people seems to have different experiences with it, and it apparently still need kexts to work properly.
I’d like to have the best module possible and I can’t find enough information to decide, this module is going to replace the Intel module on an Asrock Z370M-ITX/ac motherboard.
Any advice?
I can't answer your question, but do you know if it fits your slot? We're seem to have the same and I dont know if the BCM94352Z will fit. It seems to have 2 gaps between the pins, and our socket seem to have 1 gap.

I can't answer your question, but do you know if it fits your slot? We're seem to have the same and I dont know if the BCM94352Z will fit. It seems to have 2 gaps between the pins, and our socket seem to have 1 gap.

Yeah it will, it’s the card used by a few people in erik’s “Tiny But Mighty” build. It’s a “key A” connector (1 gap) on the BCM94352Z (and probably the motherboard, haven’t dismantled it yet), when the BCM94350ZAE has a “key A+E” connector, which just means it’s compatible with A and E connector keys.

@Gareth23,

Yes thats a good combo card for hackingtosh with mini PCIe, natively supported so you should not have too much trouble getting it to work. See Toleda's guide for more info :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/#post-1664577

But make sure you buy an additional Antenna / pigtail for the reasons i posted above.

Cheers
Jay
Hi Jay,
I got the AzureWave AW-CB160H but they forgot to send the Antenna with the card, so other 25 day wait from China, but eventually got them!
Installed card and pigtails .... Wifi Working Out of the Box, Bluetooth I used BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext,BrcmPatchRAM2.kext woking bluetooth with thoses Kexts, But I have had to turn Bluetooth of in bios as it wakes the pc up from sleep, not sure how to fix this by reading guides? also when I had it enabled Messed around with Airdrop it works sending files to iPhone iPad etc, but it will not receive files as it don't show up to other devices... stuck on that one also!, And again thanks for your help :) I how don't have to have a 30m cable through my house!

best regards Gareth

Attachments

• IMG_4705.jpeg
    IMG_4705.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
Hi Jay, I got the AzureWave AW-CB160H but they forgot to send the Antenna with the card, so other 25 day wait from China, but eventually got them! Installed card and pigtails .... Wifi Working Out of the Box ..... But I have had to turn Bluetooth of in bios as it wakes the pc up from sleep, not sure how to fix this by reading guides?

@Gareth23,

Glad to read your up and running .... i recommend installing AirportBrcmFixup (+Lilu) see guide :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

If you continue to have BT continuity issues after installing AirportBrcmFixup then also try installing BT4LEContiunityFixup

Cheers
Jay

Bluetooth I used BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext,BrcmPatchRAM2.kext woking bluetooth with thoses Kexts, But I have had to turn Bluetooth of in bios as it wakes the pc up from sleep, not sure how to fix this by reading guides?
See Post #1/Bluetooth Injection Method, no mention of BrcmNonPatchRAM2; remove.

See Post #1/Bluetooth Injection Method, no mention of BrcmNonPatchRAM2; remove.

Please note if you have no matching hardware for that kext (it is just an injector), it has no effect.
It is for Broadcom BT that is supported by native BT kexts (just not identified by id), but has no firmware loading requirement.
There's probably a little something in the BrcmPatchRAM README.

@RehabMan
Im currently using fcvo's config patch. With the latest BroadcomWifiInjector + AirportBrcmFixup, do i still need fcvo's patch?

@RehabMan
Im currently using fcvo's config patch. With the latest BroadcomWifiInjector + AirportBrcmFixup, do i still need fcvo's patch?

@rals2007,

As long as you have the latest version of Lilu and AirportBrcmFixup installed correctly you do not need any Clover patches and/or WiFi Enabler kexts and should remove them as they can conflict with AirportBrcmFixup ..... See Guide :

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Cheers
Jay

1. Description
Hi, I have a BCM94360CD. My WiFi works fine but BT is nowhere to be found. Not in status bar, not in system prefs. BT works fine on Windows/Ubuntu with drivers.

2. Specs/Setup
  • macOS Mojave (10.14.0)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370P D3 (F10 Firmware)
  • Processor: Intel i7-8700K
  • GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX VEGA 64 GAMING OC 8
3. Guide used: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...ings_of_a_hackintosher_a_sorta_brief_vanilla/

I also tried Rehabman's kexts for BT as well as AirportBrcmFixup. Neither worked in any combination, or even without both of them.

All files attached -- I haven't used a custom DSDT/SSDT for WiFi.

Attachments

• hameerabbasi.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 82
Back