Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Hello All,

I just read through all 43 pages and am still quite lost with which card will suit my needs.

My motherboard failed last week, and I replaced it with a Asus Maximus Gene V. This new-to-me motherboard has a combo card with mPCIe on one side and an mSATA on the other. See video below for more detail. I would like to have Handoff/Continuity with my iPhone, unlock with my Apple Watch, AirPlay to an Apple TV, and Bluetooth connectivity for my Magic Trackpad 2, AirPods, and Logitech KB and mouse (which should wake the machine upon key press or mouse click). Considering these wants, which card would you recommend?

Asus mPCIe card for Gene V - https://rog.asus.com/articles/hands-on/video-how-to-use-the-maximus-v-gene-mpcie-combo-card/

Last edited by a moderator:
just read through all 43 pages and am still quite lost with which card will suit my needs.
Waste of time, see Post #1/Broadcom WiFi + BT
Use mPCIe 2.0 x1 slot located on mPCIe Combo™ expansion card.

Waste of time, see Post #1/Broadcom WiFi + BT
Use mPCIe 2.0 x1 slot located on mPCIe Combo™ expansion card.

Thanks, toleda. From Post #1, two cards fit the Gene V's mPCIe combo card:
  • BCM94360HMB/AzureWave AW-CB160H (native support)
  • BCM94352HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H (supported with kexts)
I would prefer to go with the CE123H since it matches my motherboard's two antenna config, as long as functionality is the same as the natively supported CE123H. So will the CE123H work as well as the CB160H once the kexts are correctly installed, or should I buy the CB160H for native OOB support?

@toleda

Does it work with BT + WiFi combo card slot 3?

Does "native" on post #1 mean "Just put it in and it'll work flawlessly." ?

I use z370n wifi hackintosh and now I finding the best WIFI/BT card that can replace one on MB in the same slot same antenna.

Is BCM94350ZAE will be the answer?

I believe someone here has the answer for me pls.......

Back