Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

I installed a fresh copy of High Sierra on my Elitebook 840 G1 using Rehabman's guide. I replaced my wifi card with BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H. Everything works, except for Bluetooth after sleep. Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks

The ioreg you attached shows BT working.
If you have an issue, PR files must represent the problem scenario.

Your ioreg also shows Android File Transfer installed, which is known to cause problems with USB and BrcmPatchRAM.
Read the laptop FAQ for more info:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

The guide worked well except the fact that it introduced a sleep problem

Code:
Description of WiFi/Bluetooth problem

The device is a DW1560 connected via PciE (m.2 DW1560 attached to a PCIe port via a Fenvi m.2 to PCIe card)

The PC used to sleep /wake as expected prior to installation of the device

Post installation, when the PC is put to sleep, it does go to sleep briefly (for 1-2 seconds) but resumes immediately after

Code:
OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics

10.13.6/Asus Rog Z370 -G / i5 8400/UHD630

Code:
Procedure/Guide used
Wifi
kext enabler, FakePCIID/RehabMan

BT
kext enabler, Brcm.../RehabMan

Attached problem report with boot log, sys info screenshots for BT/wifi, DPCI status, config.plist and ioreg report

Attachments

• Problem report.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 66
The device is a DW1560 connected via PciE (m.2 DW1560 attached to a PCIe port via a Fenvi m.2 to PCIe card)

The PC used to sleep /wake as expected prior to installation of the device

Post installation, when the PC is put to sleep, it does go to sleep briefly (for 1-2 seconds) but resumes immediately after
Issue solved
The problem was that the internal USB connector was marked as a external USB 2
changed the identifier to 255 in the SSDT and that fixed it! :)

The ioreg you attached shows BT working.
If you have an issue, PR files must represent the problem scenario.

Your ioreg also shows Android File Transfer installed, which is known to cause problems with USB and BrcmPatchRAM.
Read the laptop FAQ for more info:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thanks Rehabman. I uninstalled Android Transfer. Re-ran the problem tool when Bluetooth is non funtional. Attached are the files. Hopefully it is a simple fix. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• debug_27676.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 65
Thanks Rehabman. I uninstalled Android Transfer. Re-ran the problem tool when Bluetooth is non funtional. Attached are the files. Hopefully it is a simple fix. Thanks for your help.

No bluetooth controller is detected on the USB bus.
Maybe you forgot to disable "fast boot" in BIOS.

No bluetooth controller is detected on the USB bus.
Maybe you forgot to disable "fast boot" in BIOS.
Hi Rehabman, The fast boot option is checked, and greyed out. I cannot find a way to uncheck it.

Issue solved
The problem was that the internal USB connector was marked as a external USB 2
changed the identifier to 255 in the SSDT and that fixed it! :)
Ran into another issue - the BT device works as expected after short sleep cycles
However, if I resume from sleep after a long period, the BT icon gets grayed out saying "BT not found"
Restart fixes the issue however - any pointers on what could be wrong?

Hi Rehabman, The fast boot option is checked, and greyed out. I cannot find a way to uncheck it.

Reset BIOS to defaults, then follow guide instructions for setting the rest of the options.
(that is how it reads in the guide anyway).

Ran into another issue - the BT device works as expected after short sleep cycles
However, if I resume from sleep after a long period, the BT icon gets grayed out saying "BT not found"
Restart fixes the issue however - any pointers on what could be wrong?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Reset BIOS to defaults, then follow guide instructions for setting the rest of the options.
(that is how it reads in the guide anyway).

It took a couple of tries. The trick is to not set a password on the BIOS interface. Thanks for your help.

Back