Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

I don't think your device is a PatchRAM device.

Does it mean it will not work? :cry: should i use another method ? and it's PatchRAM2 to be exact.
i only need to be able to switch BT off and on.

Last edited:
Also for windows you need to download the bootcamp apple drivers. If you need any help, just ask! Cheers:)
Do I download bootcamp from windows or... I am about to install windows 10 but I have been busy at work these past few days so a bit of guidance would easy the task a bit for me :D

Last edited:
Does it mean it will not work? :cry: should i use another method ? and it's PatchRAM2 to be exact.
i only need to be able to switch BT off and on.

For non-patch RAM devices, you should check for native support in default kexts.
Or look how it (unsupported non-PatchRAM Broadcom BT) is handled in the NonPatchRAM kexts Info.plist.
Note that you can easily check in Windows Device Manager to determine if the device is PatchRAM or not... PatchRAM devices will have a firmware file in driver details, where devices with built-in firmware do not.

For non-patch RAM devices, you should check for native support in default kexts.
Or look how it (unsupported non-PatchRAM Broadcom BT) is handled in the NonPatchRAM kexts Info.plist.
Note that you can easily check in Windows Device Manager to determine if the device is PatchRAM or not... PatchRAM devices will have a firmware file in driver details, where devices with built-in firmware do not.

I did miss that :think: and i fixed it but still Kexts loaded are ( FakePCIID.kext, AirPortBrcm4360.kext, USBInjectAll.kext) kexts not loaded (FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext).

Attachments

• debug_12323.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 142
Well, the laptop doesn't boot with the BCM94350ZAE card inserted. I can't get to macOS to get log, I'm stuck at boot.
I've inserted the BCM94350ZAE card into another desktop hackintosh, and it worked.
I've another BCM943602BAED card, and it's working in both computers but for the laptop, the card is a bit to large to fit well.
For my dsdt and ssdts in ACPI/patched, what do you mean by "native" ? I've patched them according to https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/.
If you have some problems with a native supported Wi-Fi card, I recommend you first tune your hackintosh well, then install as old as 10.10.5 / 10.11.6 if possible to see the real result.

A very newb question, I do have a BCM94352HMB on my system and I had successfully installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext on ~/L/E/. I downloaded the config-bcm94352-1x0.plist.zip but since it was advised that I should copy + paste it, I actually had done that but when I am pasting it to config.plist that I do have on my EFI > Clover > KernelAndKextPatches > KextsToPatch, it doesn't allow me to using PlistEdit Pro. Should I copy what's the content of the dowloaded plist?

II. Additional Capabilities- Handoff, "Airport Extreme," Country Code, Whitelist

Before I follow this one, where can I download the AirPortBrcmNIC.kext? I also noticed that I missed the instruction where:

kext, AirportBrcmFixup.kext/lvs1974
  • All supported Broadcom WiFi cards/AirPortBrcmNIC.kext

But was able to finish the continuation of its guide. Somehow my wireless and bluetooth is now working but I still want to work on the additional capabilities since I am using a BCM94352HMB.

Just bought a BCM94360CS2 second hand from ebay for $12 along with a BCM94360CS2 card To NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter, plus some bits and bobs.

Hopefully fit straight into my ASRock Extreme 4 Z370 M2 wifi slot... might need a bit of fettling to get it in however.

Will post back how it goes..!

I did miss that :think: and i fixed it but still Kexts loaded are ( FakePCIID.kext, AirPortBrcm4360.kext, USBInjectAll.kext) kexts not loaded (FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext).

FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext can easily be seen that it is working from ioreg. It is an injector (codeless) kext, so it is never really expected to "load" (it just provides data to the IOCatalog).

As we already discussed your BT controller is not supported by current BrcmPatchRAM (or NonPatchRAM) kexts.

Back