Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Problem: Unable to turn WiFi on. BT seems fine.

I've tried numerous methods:

1. Lilu and AirportBrcmFixup installed to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
  2. Per the AirportBrcmFixup README, I also tried the following:
  • Clover Airport Fix + AirportBrcmFixup
  • Clover Airport Fix + AirportBrcmFixup + FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
  • AirportBrcmFixup + FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

3. FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi + config-bcm94352-1x0.plist patches
  • Admittedly, I am a bit confused on the notation in the guide as to which patches to use. I am running 10.13.6. The guide says to use 10.12+-BCM94352-fvco-darkvoid and 10.13/10.12 only. Does this mean that I should include the patches that have 10.13 AND 10.12 under MatchOS... or 10.13 OR 10.12? In any case, I've tried many iterations and none have resulted in a working WiFi.
Please see debug attached.

Attachments

• debug_11129.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 82
What WiFi model number?

Model: Broadcom BCM4360 1.0 (7.77.37.31.1a9)

I actually just woke my computer from sleep to respond to this thread and I noticed that I had WiFi networks available! But then when I went to click on the icon, it reverted to being off. This is the first time this has happened and I am not sure how either. See screenshot (and excuse my neighbor's network name)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 12.21.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 12.21.50 PM.png
    65 KB · Views: 111

Attachments

• All Files.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
ioreg is missing.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Yes, I know I read before this thread and I read again. But when the put FakeSMC.kext to S/L, I can't make an update my system. Also, PMheart is saying Lilu and the plugins(AppleALC.kext etc) does not function correctly under S/L. Because of that, I move them to kexts/other. I added FakeSMC to the same place for updating my system correctly.

You are saying move them to S/L. I am so confused what should I do?

These are my primary kexts and using all the time;
FakeSMC, Lilu, AppleALC, and USBInjectAll (and IntelMausiEthernet for ethernet but I am not using ethernet I don't need that kext)

Yes, I know I read before this thread and I read again. But when the put FakeSMC.kext to S/L, I can't make an update my system. Also, PMheart is saying Lilu and the plugins(AppleALC.kext etc) does not function correctly under S/L. Because of that, I move them to kexts/other. I added FakeSMC to the same place for updating my system correctly.

You are saying move them to S/L. I am so confused what should I do?

These are my primary kexts and using all the time;
FakeSMC, Lilu, AppleALC, and USBInjectAll (and IntelMausiEthernet for ethernet but I am not using ethernet I don't need that kext)

As per FAQ, kexts go to /L/E, not /S/L/E.
Lilu and plugins work just fine from /L/E.

Attachments

• All Files.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
Ok. Kexts are located the new place L/E, ioreg and all other files attached.

Note; I also have a question about your FakeSMC but I don't know under which thread, should I ask you? Can it be this thread?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Your ACPI is patched incorrectly. SystemMemory addresses do not match:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:patched rehabman$ diff ../origin/ ../patched/ | grep SystemMemory
<     OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0x7A83C000, 0x06B3)
>     OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0x8F069000, 0x06B3)
<                 OperationRegion (CPSB, SystemMemory, 0x79FAAF98, 0x10)
>                 OperationRegion (CPSB, SystemMemory, 0x8EB97F98, 0x10)
<                 OperationRegion (XMIO, SystemMemory, Local0, 0x9000)

Back