Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Hi guys,
My Mobo is GB H370N-Wifi. I'm trying to use the Dell DW1560 WLAN card. Is Win 10 supposed to identify the card? Because in Win10 it didn't worked, neither in High Sierra 10.13.5 with the kexts. I'm worried that the WLAN is damaged or my Mobo do not support it! One noted thing is the original WLAN inside the mobo is Intel 9560NGW and the connection looks a little different than the DW1560. Any help? Am I missing something?
DW1560: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ajIAAOSwu1VW4OZR/s-l1600.jpg
Intel 9560NGW: https://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/con...n-wifi-intel-h370-motherboard-review_full.jpg

Cheers!

Hi

can you show me where to get info on how to install this pls

Thanks

Hi, I don't know of any guide, but it works just by installing it into a PCI slot. No software settings necessary. Regards.

One noted thing is the original WLAN inside the mobo is Intel 9560NGW and the connection looks a little different than the DW1560. Any help?
No need to double post.
No macOS support for native B/H/Q 300 Series Intel WiFI at this time.

No macOS support for native B/H/Q 300 Series Intel WiFI at this time.
I know that! Apparently I can't use any Broadcom Wifi/Bluetooth with this mobo since the M.2 Wifi slot is now a CNVi slot, is that correct?

I know that! Apparently I can't use any Broadcom Wifi/Bluetooth with this mobo since the M.2 Wifi slot is now a CNVi slot, is that correct?

The Product Brief for the current CNVi intel products shows it as PCIe & USB over M.2 (see last page) so its possible that its still backwards compatible as a standard WiFi/BT M.2 slot. I guess your in uncharted territory so the only way to know would be to try a DW1830 or DW1560 M.2 card in there and see if it works .... check the keys on the slot carefully before ordering as long as they line up with standard WiFi/BT M.2 cards then my guess is that it would work.

I believe the primary purpose of CNVi is to off-load certain parts of the WiFi and BT interface to the motherboard chipset such as the firmware and Mac Addresses. there might be a BIOS setting to disable CNVi support ?

As an observation the pictures on that product brief show a key type of E where as most standard M.2 WiFi modules are E + A, you can fit a E + A card in a E only slot but not the other way round so a DW1830 or DW1560 should physically fit. You might need to tape the disable pins 56 & 54 .... as i had to do when fitting DW1830 see my post here:

Let us know how you get on.
Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
can't use any Broadcom Wifi/Bluetooth with this mobo since the M.2 Wifi slot is now a CNVi slot, is that correct?
Yes.
Unlikely a M.2/M Key to M.2/A/E Key adapter will ever exist
A M.2/M Key to PCIe Half Mini adapter may be possible
Likely, a PCIe to PCIe Half Mini adapter is your only Coffee Lake/Broadcom solution.

Last edited:
Back