Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

So I have a Half mini BCM943224HMS not a B. Will it work with the patches describe above?
If so, even with SMBIOS imac 13.2

Update: got it to fully work using binary edit.

Last edited:
My laptp slot is a PCIexpress Mini , and i'm running 10.13.4, what would you recommend me buying for wifi/btooth?,

Likely USB problem, see Post#1/Bluetooth Injection Method/1.kext enabler/2. Correctly configured USB
Thank You.
1) My BT device is 05AC: 828F and it is not in the Tested PatchRAM devices (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM)
2) I have a 200-series motherboard. Controller USB - 8086:a2af. All ports work, both USB 3.0 and 2.0, except bluetooth device.
3) XHCI-200-series-injector.kext - i do not use it, because my controller must work native 10.13.4
greap a2af -r /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext and result
/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext//Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Content/Info.plist <string>0xa2af8086</string>

Custom SSDT-USB - I created
FakePCIID_XHCIMux - I do not use it. it is only for 6,7,8,9 - series
USBInjectAll.kext - is present

What's wrong ? In what may be the problem?

Attachments

• debug_8390.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Thank You.
1) My BT device is 05AC: 828F and it is not in the Tested PatchRAM devices (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM)
2) I have a 200-series motherboard. Controller USB - 8086:a2af. All ports work, both USB 3.0 and 2.0, except bluetooth device.
3) XHCI-200-series-injector.kext - i do not use it, because my controller must work native 10.13.4
greap a2af -r /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext and result
/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext//Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Content/Info.plist <string>0xa2af8086</string>

Custom SSDT-USB - I created
FakePCIID_XHCIMux - I do not use it. it is only for 6,7,8,9 - series
USBInjectAll.kext - is present

What's wrong ? In what may be the problem?

Your ioreg shows BT controller is detected/working.

Your ioreg shows BT controller is detected/working.
Thank you ! I'm an idiot. The problem was that the antennas were not connected.

Hey, I recently purchased a BCM943602CS Card and everything works OOB. Except Handoff... I usually try to fix stuff myself but im kinda hitting a wall and I´m wondering if I´m missing something?

I´m currently running 10.13.4 latest on a GA-Z370-HD3 Bios F8a, i7 8700 UHD 630.

I tried the AirportBcrmFixup.kext and the FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext method as stated in: II. Additional Capabilities/Handoff.

Ty!

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    1 MB · Views: 121
Hey, I recently purchased a BCM943602CS Card and everything works OOB. Except Handoff... I usually try to fix stuff myself but im kinda hitting a wall and I´m wondering if I´m missing something?

I´m currently running 10.13.4 latest on a GA-Z370-HD3 Bios F8a, i7 8700 UHD 630.

I tried the AirportBcrmFixup.kext and the FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext method as stated in: II. Additional Capabilities/Handoff.

Ty!

Nevermind lol. Not sure if it fixed itself or if the AirportBrcmFixup.kext was actually needed to enable Handoff on this Card. Everything works now! :)

(Posted in Dell XPS 13 9360 guide before, repost here to get more attention)

I swap the WiFi card to DW1820A on my Dell XPS 13 9360, no KP on boot but when I switch on WiFi, there is the problem:

- SysPref Network Panel freezes
- SysInfo/WiFi also freezes
- Unable to save files

I was told that DW1820A did not work on XPS 13, but should the card be natively supported by macOS and irrelevant to what computer/laptop I use?

I really want to use this card as I purchase it only for running Hackintosh. I do not want to waste it...
Debug file attached as zip, thanks a lot.
Add `bcom.panic.invalid-mmio-read=1' to boot-args, and see what happened.

Hi livacore,

No specific experience with DW1820A .... but the M.2 specification is the same for all M.2 Wifi cards as such Pins 54 and 56 are most likely the cause of the issue if its a logic level issue so the information i posted for DW1830 will most likely apply to your DW1820A (see post #138 or my sig for the links)

Also a bit more info on this link here :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7-7500u-kaby-lake.213327/page-17#post-1610863

Cheers
Jay
Some laptops has MMIO problem. Add `bcom.panic.invalid-mmio-read=1' to boot-args, and see what heppened.

Back