Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

What kind of files do you need, i got this a zip with ioreg files etc.. is there any other info thats needed..?

No support in BrcmPatchRAM kexts for 0a5c:21ff.

Hi Toleda,

Nice to see that you created a new up-to-date guide on this subject.

Just thought i'd let you know that I have had very good success with BCM43602 (DW1830) ... however on some laptops it may not work OTB or suffer from poor wifi performance after sleep/wake.

DW1830 - WiFi or BT Not working

On a some laptops the WiFi and/or BT may not work OTB after installing the required kext's and patches ... in this instance the device will not been seen on the PCI (or USB) bus and will not be isolated to just MacOS but any OS that you have installed, and no its not because or a white or black list (at least in my case).

For me the issue seems to lie in the BIOS logic for controlling the WiFi & BT enable lines on the M.2 card (pins 54 & 56) and can be resolved by taping/masking these pins.

I wrote about my findings in the following post :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7-7500u-kaby-lake.213327/page-17#post-1609866

DW1830 - Poor WiFi performance after sleep/wake

On my HP Spectre X360 the DW1830 WiFi suffers from poor wifi performance after sleep/wake which is not related to Wake on Lan. Its possible that this issue is either specific to a select few laptops or the firmware flashed into the clone DW1830 cards bought on eBay. After a lot of experimenting I was able to find a workaround for the problem which i wrote about in the following post :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ith-bcm943602baed-dw1830.236009/#post-1617689

Just thought i'd share these two links in this thread for anyone who might encounter similar issues ... feel free to add the links to your guide if you want.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for posting this, my BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H refused to work at all after a sleep, so I tried disabled wifi before sleep and enable after sleep and it worked!
I am now using the automated method and it works perfect.

First, after some reseachs I assume that the Bcm94360Bcard buyed in the far east doesn't watch the vendor info 0a5cx4500 , ¿because isn't genuine ? My device info is 0a5cx 22be

Finally got it working installing old Brcmpatchram2 and Repo Kexts (as mentioned by RM, the driver for Aw Ch 123 is removed in new builds. So the process was to seek for the build where Brcmpatchram2. Kext info.plist (inside the. Kext with =>show packet contents ) that contains the ID of my target device, and install to L/E the pair of kexts.
Thx for the help

My bluetooth info is Similar to yours(BCM20702A,0A5C,22BE).
Now,in the high serria,10.13.3
it's can't driver well.bluetooth show the info in the systeminfo ,but can not search my iphone or Android。I can use the airdop(base on wifi?or did it use bluetooth?)
I see you and the rehabman's talk.
and i try used the old version brcmpatchram2015-0924,and seem no change.
屏幕快照 2018-03-25 下午7.38.27.png 屏幕快照 2018-03-25 下午7.38.37.png

Thanks for posting this, my BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H refused to work at all after a sleep, so I tried disabled wifi before sleep and enable after sleep and it worked!
I am now using the automated method and it works perfect.

Hi zacnut.

Your welcome ... all though the AW-CE123H should not really need that work around .. but if you tried all the other fixes and none of them worked for you then I'm happy that my guide was useful in getting it working after sleep.

One thing i've noticed since writing that guide is that sometimes (maybe 1 in 12 wakes) Scenario does not always detect system wake on my HP X360 ...

However i have had better touch tool installed for years (really great app BTW) which also supports running scripts on wake so i switched to using that for the wake script and kept Scenario for the sleep detection as its the only app that seems to catch and pause the sleep function early enough to power down the card reliably.

Since then i've had no problem

If all is working for you then you have no problem but if you find it does not always power up the card on wake then you could try using Better Touch Tool.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Hi zacnut.

Your welcome ... all though the AW-CE123H should not really need that work around .. but if you tried all the other fixes and none of them worked for you then I'm happy that my guide was useful in getting it working after sleep.

One thing i've noticed since writing that guide is that sometimes (maybe 1 in 12 wakes) Scenario does not always detect system wake on my HP X360 ...

However i have had better touch tool installed for years (really great app BTW) which also supports running scripts on wake so i switched to using that for the wake script and kept Scenario for the sleep detection as its the only app that seems to catch and pause the sleep function early enough to power down the card reliably.

Since then i've had no problem

If all is working for you then you have no problem but if you find it does not always power up the card on wake then you could try using Better Touch Tool.

Cheers
Jay
I will look at Better Touch Tool if I run into issues, thanks for the tip.
I know my card shouldn’t need this, but it the only way I could get WiFi to work after a sleep, Bluetooth always worked perfectly though.
I tried suggested solutions, but still the same issue, plus I couldn’t get a response for help here after a few posts.
I couldn’t get FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext to load in ether my Sierra or High Sierra partition, i’m guessing that’s the issue. Solutions 2 and 3 had the same sleep problem.
But I’ve gotten all features of the card working perfectly now
Thanks again!

So, if I'm running 10.3.4 with a Broadcom BCM94352Z installed... so long as I have:
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • AirportBcrmFixup.kext
  • Lilu.kext
installed in Clover/kexts/other, I can delete the three AirPortBcrm4360 patches (10.11/AirPort Extreme, 10.12 5Gz, and fvco) from my config.plist?

installed in Clover/kexts/other, I can delete the three AirPortBcrm4360 patches (10.11/AirPort Extreme, 10.12 5Gz, and fvco) from my config.plist?
No files attached, no answer possible.
See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Back