Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

PCIe/x1: BCM94360CD - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE

Am attempted to put this card into a Gigabyte GA-z97MX-Gaming 5 MB. HS 10.3.3.

It seems to work in the single PCIeX1 slot of the MB. But if I move it to the PCIeX16 or PCIeX8 slots only the BT works. There is no WiFi found in those X8 and X16 slots. It should be able to move right? That's the whole backward compatible part of X1, X4, X8 etc, right? I understand that the BT is a USB device so that's why it continues to work in any PCIe slot.

Why am I bothered you ask? Because if I put my NVidia GFX 950 card in the x16 slot, the x1 slot is covered up by the 2 slot graphics card. So to use the x16 graphics slot I have to move the PCIe/X1 BCM94360CD to a x8 or x4 slot.

Does this make sense to anyone - i.e. that the card doesn't work in x8 slot? Is there a fix, workaround?

Does this make sense to anyone - i.e. that the card doesn't work in x8 slot? Is there a fix, workaround?

I found an old TP-Link PCIe/X1 Wifi card. HS recognizes the 2.4GHz WiFi, works natively. So I moved the card from the MB GA_Z97MX-Gaming5 slot X1 to the slot X8. The HS sees the card, and behaves the same as if it was in the slot X1. Sorta proves that X1 cards can go in any PCIe slot type.

But not the PCIe/X1 BCM94360CD card. It won't move out of the X1 slot. Something must be disabled, incorrectly set. Why would they do that? Anyone with a suggestion to get the BCM94360CD to work moving it out of the X1 slot? Anyone ever seen this behavior?

- If I stick with the TP-Link card I won't have BT, or 5GHz WiFi, or iMessage etc.

Attach a screenshot: Menu Bar/Wifi Icon, click with Option key

actually i'm using a Wi-Fi Extender (TL-WA855RE) at home, cause i use my neighbour's internet, but my iPhone gets full bandwidth and my hack gets something about 70% of it, very stable, but not the full bandwidth.

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 02.49.46.png Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 02.52.20.png Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 02.52.44.png

my hack gets something about 70% of it, very stable, but not the full bandwidth.
Nothing wrong with WiFi card
You are on a 2.4 GHz channel and seeing the most performance you can get.
As well, too much noise (74 dBm) and not enough signal (62 dBm)
Poor antennas or too far from your neighbor's WiFi base station.

Nothing wrong with WiFi card
You are on a 2.4 GHz channel and seeing the most performance you can get.
As well, too much noise (74 dBm) and not enough signal (62 dBm)
Poor antennas or too far from your neighbor's WiFi base station.

i understand. actually my new board has three large antennas, i'll try to replace or something and test,
but it's so strange my iPhone gets full bandwidth and my hack does not.

anyway, thanks a lot!

a last question: i noticed my handoff (between my iPhone 7 and my back) works with no problems when i'm running 10.13, but it does not work when i'm running 10.12. same board (BCM943602CS), same build, latest Clover, etc etc. my system report says it's handoff compatible in both systems, but it only works in 10.13, any idea what could it be? all the other features (wifi, bt, airdrop etc) works in both systems, except for handoff.

thanks in advance.

so strange my iPhone gets full bandwidth
What is iPhone full bandwidth?
i noticed my handoff (between my iPhone 7 and my back) works with no problems when i'm running 10.13, but it does not work when i'm running 10.12
Post #1/This thread does not support/macOS/Continuity

my Apple card 943602CS work for the first time install (both Macos 10.12.6 and Windows 10) but after a while the Wifi failed (icon appear but can not turn on on Mac and can not find available wifi on Win)
I try several times but the result the same. is the problem with the bios setting? My mobo is Asus H110-E. Should I update to the latest bios?
thanks for your help

Back