Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Oh I see. Sorry, I thought you were talking about Post #1 of this thread, which has a different group of requested "problem reporting" files. Well now after running gen_debug.sh, the Bluetooth is working. It also fixed one other weird issue I was having. At the macOS login screen, I was seeing a user account called "_fpsd". Now that's gone. What is this script doing besides collecting logs?

Attachments

• After Sleep.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 94
  • Before Sleep.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 97
See Post #1/Bluetooth Injection Method/1.kext enable/2. Correctly configured USB ...
Post to linked thread, off topic.
After applying IRQ fixes, bluetooth works like a charm.
When I tried to fix my ethernet AR8151, I tried atherose2200ethernet.kext and it requires ionetworkingfamily.kext to work. After installing ionetworkingfamily kext, my laptop is not recognize wifi anymore but bluetooth is still working normally. Do you have any idea for this situation?

I saw this thread and was excited to see that BCM94350ZAE was supported because this is the only other compatible wifi card for this Lenovo other than the Intel 3165 and 8260, which is currently not supported. So I orered 1 for my YOGA700 and installed it.

I first tried method 3 with setting the wifi id to 0x43a014e4. It didn't work.

I then attempted method 1 but I got confused by the paste patch part. I'm not sure exactly which 1 of those patches I need or do I copy them all??? I'm running 10.13.1.

I then tried method 3 with FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext and clearing out the WiFi ID. It didn't work.

wYpHpmW.jpg

Attached is my clover folder with my last attempt.

edit...So I just attempted method 3 option with FakePCIID_Broadcome_WiFi.kext and my laptop froze during installation with Kext Utility. Had to do a hard reboot and I was meet with Error loading Kernel Cache 0xe. I tried all kinds of boot flags and it would not work. The only way to fix it was to boot up with the unibeast USB and manually rebuild the cache in Terminal. The install USB has saved my butt twice now. So DON'T format your USB after installation because YOU WILL EVENTUALLY NEED IT AGAIN.

edit edit...I got bluetooth working. Just hoping someone has a solution for the wifi card now. Adding this code in kext to patch no longer gave me that error screen. Laptop boots up fine but wifi is not detected.

Code:
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    16.6 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
I (perhaps unwisely since it is not as much used) purchased a BCM94350ZAE for my HP laptop with High Sierra installed on it. I realize that there seem to be few people using this card (at least there are very few posts about it). I read through the guide multiple times and am still a little confused about what procedure I am supposed to follow to get it to work.

The guide says "M.2: BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE" which sounds good.

In section VI Broadcom, the "Details - macOS/Native" does NOT list my card. But in "Broadcom Device_IDs" it says "Supported Device_ID (native)" and lists my (card BCM94350ZAE). What does it mean "Supported Device_ID (native)"? Do I need to use "WiFi Injection Methods" with this card? And if I do need it which of the 3 methods are appropriate?

And do I need to add patches from config-bcm94352-130.plist.zip to my clover config? It is a bit confusing since the filename "config-bcm94352-130.plist.zip" references bcm94352 which is NOT the card I have.

I have been very succesful patching my DSDT/SSDT, disabling my discrete graphics, and getting the USB configured properly so I think I can get this working if I know what to do. Just a little confused on what that is.

Thanks for any help.

@9000RPM: do you have copied latest version of FakePCIID.kekt to your clover kext folder or only the FakePCIID_Broadcome_WiFi.kext??

I had easy success by using the method 3 of the guide... just don't forget to use latest lilu.kext. If you run into trouble with this method -> there are disable switches for both kexts.

@kramerkramer I would try method 3 first. Don't forget lilu.kext and remember the boot flags needed to disable both if something goes wrong.

Last edited:
Back