Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Post #1/I. Broadcom WiFi/BT Installation/Bluetooth Injection Method/1. kext enabler/2. Correctly configured USB

Hello toleda,

The final Broadcom injection method is by using the AirportBrcmFixup.kext based on Lilu, since other patches filed after Bios update. (this was actually learned from your post. A big thank you here!)

In the S/L/E, I still have latest BrcmFirmwareRepo.kect, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext, and all other regular stuff.

my Clover config.plist is as attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11 KB · Views: 503
In the S/L/E, I still have latest BrcmFirmwareRepo.kect, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext, and all other regular stuff.
None of those items has anything to do with USB.
Ignored Post #11, try again.

So, i do have a problem with my Bluetooth. The WIFI worked out of the box, but BT does not. I am starting to think that to module itself are broken.

I bought https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wir.../1248788884.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.BmqsFj this one with a PCI adapter.

I have managed to setup my USB with a custom (RehabMan guide) SSDT and all ports works fine - including both internal USB 2 headers (if i connect my Corsair h100i v2 watercooler), but it wont see the BT under SysInfo > Hardware > USB or SysInfo > Hardware > BT.

If the ports works fine, and the bcm...kexts are placed correctly, should I just simply order a different module?

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2018-01-23 kl. 10.54.21.png
    Skærmbillede 2018-01-23 kl. 10.54.21.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 655
Hi all, I'm considering the CM94360HMB combo to replace my intel 7260HMW AN but there are 2 things keeping me from doing it. My card only uses 2 antennae vs the 3 the broadcome uses. I read it will work but I dont know the consecuences, it may be better to look for a 2 antennae one.
And I read that some soldering might be needed to get the bluetooth working and that is beyond my abilieties. Is that in any case? my laptop is running High Sierra.

thanks

Back