Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
R9 290
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
So I need to use Wifi instead of Ethernet to get everything working natively?
Or do you mean I need to have Wifi "active" so that it can be used when needed? Because I rather use ethernet as it is faster.

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
512K, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
So I need to use Wifi instead of Ethernet to get everything working natively?
Continuity requires WiFi and BT. The only known non native macOS Wifi and BT solutions are specific Broadcom products, noted in Post #1

Continuity is off topic, see Post #1

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte B360N WIFI ITX
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
bombardier10 said:
"Depending on the design, a M.2 socket may support both the CNVi and standard M.2 Key A or E for Intel® Wireless-AC 9260. We recommend you to contact your motherboard manufacturer to check if it is designed to support both the CNVi and generic M.2 Key A or E socket modules."

Coffee Lake, to date:
1) true: Asus, ASRock Gigabyte B360
2) not true: Gigabyte Z390 and H370/310 motherboards
Since for a SFF builds the choice of a motherboard with integrated wifi that works under MacOS is a great option in comparison to other solutions that use USB, PCIe, or M.2 SSD adapters, it could be very useful to have a thread with a clear and updated list of mini-ITX mobo that are suitable for a WI-FI replacement that leads to native wifi support under Mac OS.

I've a Gigabyte B360 that use an "Intel® CNVi interface 802.11a/b/g/n/ac" and I can confirm that the WI-FI card can be replaced with an adapter + and original Airport Card (my wi-fi and bt works native, including handoff and continuity, without extra kext or patches).

Now I'm planning to buy a new mobo.
Because I don't need overclocking and I need dual M.2 SSD I'm looking to the ASUS ROG STRIX B360-I GAMING or to the Asus ROG STRIX H370-I GAMING, but I'm not sure of my understanding of the above Toleda list:
It seems that the ASUS ROG STRIX B360-I GAMING should have replaceable wifi for sure, but what about Asus ROG STRIX H370-I GAMING?
I should pick the "true" because it is and Asus (so the B360 of the first line is referred only to Gigabyte) or I should pick the "not true" because is an H370 (so the H370/310 of the second line are non only referred to the Gigabyte brand) ?

When considering Z390 overclocking solutions, is assured that Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI fall in "false" case, but we can say for sure that Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING and AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac are certainly "true"?

Little OT: is it easy to remove the preinstalled IO shield on Asus motherboards ?

Last edited:

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
512K, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I've a Gigabyte B360 that use an "Intel® CNVi interface 802.11a/b/g/n/ac" and I can confirm that the WI-FI card can be replaced with an adapter + and original Airport Card
First and only report of Broadcom/CNVi socket success
It seems that the ASUS ROG STRIX B360-I GAMING should have replaceable wifi for sure, but what about Asus ROG STRIX H370-I GAMING?
Yes, all Asus Coffee Lake motherboards (Z370 is Kaby Lake)
When considering Z390 overclocking solutions, is assured that Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI fall in "false" case, but we can say for sure that Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING and AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac are certainly "true"?
Yes

Motherboard
Thinkpad T61-Clover
CPU
T9300/ICH8M
Graphics
Quadro NVS 140m, 1280x800
Mac
MacBook Pro
I have a Broadcom BCM94352HMB installed in my Dell Latitude E6410 running Mojave 10.14.5. The combination of AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext resulted in working Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Motherboard
Z390 Aorus Pro (no Wifi)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello! Below is my description. Please let me know if anything else is required to diagnose. I really appreciate the help provided to me and this community. The Hackintosh slice of internet is one of the greats.

1. Description of WiFi/Bluetooth problem
    1. Completed Mojave install and bluetooth works well but wifi will not connect to any networks. I can see all of the networks and type in my password to them, but connection will fail every time.
  2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
    1. Mojave 10.14.5 | Z390 Aorus Pro (not wifi) | BIOS F9 | i9-9900k | Sapphire RX 590 Nitro+
    2. I am using the BCM943602CS card and the PCI-E x1 Adapter for PC/Hackintosh. It is positioned in PCIEx1_1. I have removed it and reseated the card (not the antenna leads though).
  3. Procedure/Guide used
    1. I followed Glasgoods install guide which originally had AirportBrcmFixup.kext but I have since removed it to see if it would work without.
    2. I attempted the first post fix after I removed AirportBrcmFixup.kext the first time but either messed it up or it did not help the no connectivity issue, likely the former.
  4. Attached is the problem report.

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 14 3442
CPU
4th Generation Intel(R) Core(T M) i3-4005U
Graphics
Intel® HD graphics 4400
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
My laptop have Half Mini port I use M.2: BCM943602BAED/DW1830 along with "M.2(NGFF) WIFI WLAN Card Module to Mini PCI-E Express Adapter Converter" and I use Dremel to cut some of bottom laptop chasis cuz it's not fit on my laptop. And I got it natively working without any other modification just Like @toleda said. Thanks for this useful post

Attachments

Motherboard
Z390 Aorus Pro (no Wifi)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Remove FakePCIID-Broadcom-WiFi.kext and FakePCIID.kext (if no other FakePCIID support kexts)
Restart, reply with new files
Ok. I think that I removed it before sending the last file batch, but copied the DPCI file before restarting that time. I have attached the new files and looked for the FakePCIID kexts. Cannot find any...

Attachments