Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

I don't think this is very rare.
Quote out of context. To clarify:
Broadcom does not work with Gigabyte/CNVi sockets. picov claims Broadcom works in his Gigabyte B360, one and only success; very rare.
Broadcom works in ASRock and Asus CNVi sockets, as expected.

Broadcom does not work with Gigabyte/CNVi sockets
Thanks of the clarification. I understand now. That's rare, indeed.
I picked Asrock instead of Gigabyte only because of the CNVI slot can't use a M2 brcm card.

Description of WiFi/Bluetooth problem:
I can not get my computer to recognize the Dell DW1560 Broadcom BCM94352Z I installed.

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
10.14.5/ Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard/ 1005/ 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9/ Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Procedure/Guide used
Software I used MacMan and for Hardware installation I used ModMike. Additionally, I installed all Kexts from the Guide of this thread.

Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1
Attached in Zip file

Screenshots
  • DPCIManager/Status
    • Attached
  • System Information/Hardware/Network/WiFi
    • Attached
  • System Information/Hardware/Bluetooth
    • Says "No Information Found"
  • System Information/Hardware/USB (Select Bluetooth device)
    • No Option to Do This
Clover (if installed)
  • EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
    • Attached
  • DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log
    • Attached
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Attachments

• BABYSPICE COMP DETAILS.zip
    858 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Description of WiFi/Bluetooth problem:
I can not get my computer to recognize the Dell DW1560 Broadcom BCM94352Z I installed.

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
10.14.5/ Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard/ 1005/ 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9/ Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Procedure/Guide used
Software I used MacMan and for Hardware installation I used ModMike. Additionally, I installed all Kexts from the Guide of this thread.

Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1
Attached in Zip file

Screenshots
  • DPCIManager/Status
    • Attached
  • System Information/Hardware/Network/WiFi
    • Attached
  • System Information/Hardware/Bluetooth
    • Says "No Information Found"
  • System Information/Hardware/USB (Select Bluetooth device)
    • No Option to Do This
Clover (if installed)
  • EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
    • Attached
  • DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log
    • Attached
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Try these kexts in clover/kexts/other folder. DCPIManager pic try using the PCI tab and posting a pic it will show the device IDs. I changed your RTVariables CSRActive to 0x03FF its for Mojave and above to get SIP disabled.

Attachments

• COnfig.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
Hi @toleda, i'm using a BCM943602CS combo wifi/bt card, no third party kexts installed. Everything works perfectly, handoff, airdrop, instant hotspot. but i still have 2 problems (hardware info attached)

1. if i turn on wake from network access, i got very high wifi latency after wake from sleep, ping router gets 100ms~1000ms.
2. i'm not able to wake up via bt keyboard or mouse.

My hardware is as it says in my profile. BIOS version 4.1. on macOS 10.14.4/5, 10.14.6 beta2 same issue. I have tried following settings with no luck
1. enable/disable WOL from BIOS
2. enable/disable PCIE ASPM
3. Install/remove AirportBrcmfixup.kext

Here are some logs wake from sleep:

Wi-Fi:

Code:
wl0: fatal error, reinitializing, total count of reinit's[1], @'wlc_ol_down':1509
wl0: fatal error, reinitializing, total count of reinit's[4], @'wlc_verify_d3_exit':4796

BT:

Code:
2019-06-19 11:57:33.009719+0800 0x24b      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOBluetoothFamily) **** [IOBluetoothHostController][SendHCIRequestFormatted] -- Returned Error -- Current power state is SLEEP -- cannot send out the HCI command -- mNumberOfCommandsAllowedByHardware is 1, inID = 284, opCode = 0x200c, requestPtr = 0xa000
2019-06-19 11:57:33.010136+0800 0x24b      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOBluetoothFamily) **** [IOBluetoothHostController][SendHCIRequestFormatted] -- Returned Error -- Current power state is SLEEP -- cannot send out the HCI command -- mNumberOfCommandsAllowedByHardware is 1, inID = 295, opCode = 0x200c, requestPtr = 0x4000
2019-06-19 11:57:34.202069+0800 0xfa47     Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport) **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][StartBulkPipeRead] -- mBulkInPipe->clearStall (true) failed with error 0xE00002ED (kIOReturnNotResponding) -- 0x2800 ****
2019-06-19 11:57:34.204557+0800 0xfa47     Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport) **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][StartInterruptPipeRead] -- mInterruptPipe->clearStall (true) failed with error 0xE00002ED (kIOReturnNotResponding) -- 0x2800 ****

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 12.03.59.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 12.03.59.png
    134 KB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 12.06.37.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 12.06.37.png
    274 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
if i turn on wake from network access, i got very high wifi latency after wake
Apologies, no expertise on WOL
not able to wake up via bt keyboard or mouse
Not a Broadcom problem, off topic

Both problems are likely related, not because of Broadcom WiFi/BT as your post suggests
Verify USB is configured properly for the "built in" BT device. See one or more of the sticky USB configuration guides posted in other Forums. Off topic.

Hi @toleda

Thanks for your advise. The bluetooth is at HS03, connector is configured as 255 for internal devices. I think i’m all right on USB, 9 HS ports, 6 SS ports, all work. The bluetooth works great, but it (bluetooth kb or mouse) can not wake up computer. Is it related to the intel CNVi thing?

Tried to decode bios “setup” as plain txt, search inside, found some hidden options related to Wifi and BT. I’m gonna take out my macbook air 2013’s wifi/bt module and install it to my hack, if problem remains, i think it is the asrock B360M-HDV motherboard problem.

Thank you again.

@Gigamaxx reinstalled Kext provided and still no luck along with updated the "Config" file you provided. As requested, here is the PCI List Read Out with an updated Misc log. Also confirming I tried installing these in both the s/e location and Clover/Kext/Other and then tried a second version with these items just in s/e and a third version with them just in Clover/Kext/Other

@toleda if there is something glaring I'm missing please let me know as well? The part of your guide I did not know how to do was:

"Remove all Wifi patches and kexts from Clover fixes (config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/ and Clover patches (config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/)"

All original issue files were attached to my previous post.

Attachments

• BSpice Comp V2.zip
    198.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
if there is something glaring I'm missing please let me know as well?
Why is the RX 580 install in a x8 slot?
What slot is the 4352Z installed?
Is WiFi enabled in the BIOS?

The part of your guide I did not know how to do was:
Remove all Wifi patches and kexts
FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext are not mentioned in Post #1, remove

I installed all Kexts from the Guide of this thread.
Neither of the installed Brcm kexts are mentioned in Post #1, remove
See Post #1 for correct BT kexts

Install all kexts to the location noted in Post #1
Restart, reply with new Problem Reporting files.

@toleda thank you for the response. Find the answer to your questions below and new system files attached.

Why is the RX 580 install in a x8 slot?
The graphics card is plugged into Slot 4 PCIe 3.0 x16_2 slot (see attached image/ diagram for details)

What slot is the 4352Z installed?
Followed ModMike's guide here under his "Spoiler: Dell DW1560 Installation Guide"

Is WiFi enabled in the BIOS?
Yes

FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext are not mentioned in Post #1, remove

Neither of the installed Brcm kexts are mentioned in Post #1, remove

See Post #1 for correct BT kexts

Install all kexts to the location noted in Post #1

As mentioned above I completed all of these steps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 10.39.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 10.39.29 AM.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 105
  • BABYSPICE IMAC 6:20 V1.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
Back