Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Can anyone help me out here. I have the M.2: BCM943602BAED/DW1830 and having issues with bluetooth. It worked before but then suddenly stopped working then it worked again. According to the first post it it is naively supported. What does that mean exactly? Do i need to follow the steps to get it working correctly?

I have the same issue with BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A as posted above with efi folder. Please help.

PS I wonder to change a card - please tell me if Mini PCI-E cards fit to NGFF M2 Wifi modules (in Gigabyte Z370 N Wifi and others)? I’ve read somwhere that it is possible to put mPCIe card to m2 Wifi module. Please confirm or deny.

Heeeeelp :)

Hi guys, I have the issue in High Sierra with the:
  • M.2: BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A
I used method 3 for Wifi (although Mac OS saw it natively) and must have used kexts and described above method for BT (had been disabled before).

Now I have BT enabled BUT have problem with connecting devices and it keeps discoonecting them (like Apple mouse, trackpad, keyboard). Confg: Gigabyte Z370 N Wifi (ITX), i7 8700K, GTX 1070 Ti, 32 GB RAM. EFI folder in the attachment. One more question: would Airport work here? Please help.

Did you done this "Bluetooth Injection Method (10.13/10.12 /10.11 - all versions, 10.10/10.9 - see VII. Previous macOS Support)"?

Did you done this "Bluetooth Injection Method (10.13/10.12 /10.11 - all versions, 10.10/10.9 - see VII. Previous macOS Support)"?
I followed the steps but I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Problem solved

Last edited:
Hi, I actually have this card but BT does not work (neither 10.13.6 nor 10.14). It shows up but it cant connect to anything ...

can you please share what you did to make it run? THx
Hi, I actually have this card but BT does not work (neither 10.13.6 nor 10.14). It shows up but it cant connect to anything ...

can you please share what you did to make it run? THx

Try this and see if it works. Use kext utility to install these 2 files. Make sure it is kext utility. It did not work in the Other Folder or using another kext installer. I did 2 other things but I think that's what got it to work.
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

Hi all and @toleda in particular. After recently upgrading my Skylake build from High Sierra 10.13.6 to Mojave 10.14 my machine wakes from sleep whenever I walk past it with my Apple 3 LTE watch and raise my arm to view the time, or what ever happens to be on the dial face at that moment. To prevent the machine from doing that I need to do one of two things:

1. Enable "Airplane Mode" mode on the watch face or
2. Untick "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" as per the attached screenshot.and use the power button to wake
the machine.

I upgraded to Mojave 14.0 directly from my HS 10.13.6 production installation, keeping a working cloned security SDD for myself to fall back on, should the need ever arise, which indeed it now has, albeit only for testing purposes.

When I fire up the HS 10.13.6 security copy I can do whatever I want with my Apple watch and it will not wake my Skylake build when it should not, neither do I need to apply anyone of the two workarounds mentioned earlier.

I started off testing this "annoyance" with a BCM 943602CS card installed and then replacing that card with a Fenvi FV T919 BCM 94360 module I had available as a spare.
The annoyance manifests itself with either card. With both cards I have full Bluetooth as well as WiFi
functionality, so there is no problem in that area.

Subsequently I tested my Haswell build, which is still on HS 10.13.6, waiting for Nvidia "metal" drivers for the GTX 970 in that machine. Also on that build I do not need to apply any workaround in order for my Apple watch not to wake/interfere with that machine. I am currently using Watch OS 5.0.1, which is the latest available from Apple.

My Skylake build is rock solid in all other respects as a result of which I am hesitant to start tinkering with the configuration, unless there is something I have overlooked that requires patching specifically for Mojave 10.14. I am also using AirportBrcmFixup.kext with the "brcmfx-country=#a" boot argument.

I would greatly appreciate any input to assist in perhaps resolving this issue, which I am hesitant to lay on the doors of Apple.
Greetings

Attachments

• Bluetooth Settings.png
    Bluetooth Settings.png
    700.9 KB · Views: 144

Yes, I did and it's connecting but after few seconds disconnecting. And now it stops connecting with any device.

Honestly I did Bluetooth Injection Method but skip this part:

2. Correctly configured USB, see [Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

It's very complicated for me and it seems that everything is ok with my USB ports (I am using High Sierra 10.13.6 so it should be OK, right?). Can it be the cause? Is somewhere the easier method? Would Airport with this card BCM94350ZAE work? If not maybe it's not worth the candle, maybe I would just change the card? What do you suggest, guys?

Mojave 10.14 my machine wakes from sleep whenever I walk past it with my Apple 3 LTE watch and raise my arm to view the time, or what ever happens to be on the dial face at that moment.
Clearly a Mojave problem
Post #1/This thread does not support: macOS/Continuity
Off topic, start a new thread

I am about to order BCM94352Z, but I am not sure if it fits my M2 slot. My laptop came with Intel 9560.NGWG. Can someone confirm this will fit?

Back