Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No, the Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adaptors have leads that carry Bluetooth USB Data+ and Data-. Power comes from the PCI-e slot.
Not exactly true, some use 4 wire connections and some have 2 wire. 2 wire is data only. 4 Wire USB to internal can be voltage and data or fake and data only, however the exact voltge need is 3V and is not always handle right by components on the PCB. This is whay all most all the Chinese carrier adapters do not work in any slot other than X1. Backward compatibility for X16 is only true for the OSXwifi carrier, and the Wdxxfu Studio design (which uses a mini USB female slot on the PCB and correcponding cable). I have test the Fenvi but I tend to think it will nay slot as well. Asrock boards are the worst offenders for not working at all. Most of the carriers are crap other than these and your playing Chinese Roulette if you thing differntly. If you stick with X1 either with the real slot or a X1 extender cable you will have the best luck better than 50 50.

Any of the cards you mentioned should work in a PCI-e x1, x4, x6, or x16 slot since PCI-e is backwards and forward compatible in that regard. People have jury-rigged cards made for x16 to work in x1 slots by butchering the card or connector.
No jerry-rig on my part; It just is totaly not recognized as a wifi device at all, in my Z370 board, in any type of slot, but is fully functional in an Asus board.
Note the Fenvi Fv-T919 works. Its driver for Windows 10 on its Mdisk is not a Bootcamp driver its is from Asus so after installing it shows as Broadcom driver with a differernt version number and the card is seen as a BCM4360 as are both the 3 and 4 antenna versions the 3 antenna version being the newest with the wave form anntenna upgrade. The carriers for the 3 antenna cards are different part numbers, for the Chinese carrier suppliers, and even though the slot is the same, the voltage for Bluetooth and PCB is unique.
I am going to pull the 4 antenna card from the Chinese PCB carrier and mount it my OSXwifi Carrier which I know works, in both the Asus and Gigabyte boards. If the card is recognized this will prove it is not worth taking a chance on these unknown carriers to save a couple of bucks, if it works, you are lucky, if not, I TOLD YOU SO. I have been dealing with this mystery for a month, waiting for the Fenvi and now it does work, but I will not give up until I figure why the other 2 do not, in the
Gigabyte, but do in Asus, and Fenvi works in both and in any type of slot X1 or X16.
You get what you pay for.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No, the Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adaptors have leads that carry Bluetooth USB Data+ and Data-. Power comes from the PCI-e slot.
Not exactly true, some use 4 wire connections and some have 2 wire. 2 wire is data only. 4 Wire USB to internal can be voltage and data or fake and data only, however the exact voltge need is 3V and is not always handle right by components on the PCB. This is whay all most all the Chinese carrier adapters do not work in any slot other than X1. Backward compatibility for X16 is only true for the OSXwifi carrier, and the Wdxxfu Studio design (which uses a mini USB female slot on the PCB and correcponding cable). I have test the Fenvi but I tend to think it will nay slot as well. Asrock boards are the worst offenders for not working at all. Most of the carriers are crap other than these and your playing Chinese Roulette if you thing differntly. If you stick with X1 either with the real slot or a X1 extender cable you will have the best luck better than 50 50.

Any of the cards you mentioned should work in a PCI-e x1, x4, x6, or x16 slot since PCI-e is backwards and forward compatible in that regard. People have jury-rigged cards made for x16 to work in x1 slots by butchering the card or connector.
No jerry-rig on my part; It just is totaly not recognized as a wifi device at all, in my Z370 board, in any type of slot, but is fully functional in an Asus board.
Note the Fenvi Fv-T919 works. Its driver for Windows 10 on its Mdisk is not a Bootcamp driver its is from Asus so after installing it shows as Broadcom driver with a differernt version number and the card is seen as a BCM4360 as are both the 3 and 4 antenna versions the 3 antenna version being the newest with the wave form anntenna upgrade. The carriers for the 3 antenna cards are different part numbers, for the Chinese carrier suppliers, and even though the slot is the same, the voltage for Bluetooth and PCB is unique.
I am going to pull the 4 antenna card from the Chinese PCB carrier and mount it my OSXwifi Carrier which I know works, in both the Asus and Gigabyte boards. If the card is recognized this will prove it is not worth taking a chance on these unknown carriers to save a couple of bucks, if it works, you are lucky, if not, I TOLD YOU SO. I have been dealing with this mystery for a month, waiting for the Fenvi and now it does work, but I will not give up until I figure why the other 2 do not, in the
Gigabyte, but do in Asus, and Fenvi works in both and in any type of slot X1 or X16.
You get what you pay for.

Please post your EFI folder.

Motherboard
GA Z97MX- GAMING 5
CPU
I7 4770K
Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Pastry,
I know you are trying to be helpful but I cannot post my EFI folder until I have installed High Sierra on my other M.2 drive. Unless you want my windows EFI folder information.. which would not be helpful. I always do full testing of my hardware under Windows first. It is useless to go directly to Mac installation on a dual boot machine if all is not perfect under the OS the motherboard was designed for. The fact is X86 boards were not designed for The Mac operating system. We use the Clover bootloader to get around this with some modifed Kexts. My point is, you insert a piece of hardware, designed to work in an X86 board, it should show up in the device manager, before you install a driver. When booted from the Mac OS, or Linux, the hardware should be observable using LSpci or the Mac System information, IOreg, or DPCIManger and an appropriate kext will have loaded, if present, in the operating system. My case is different, the hardware shows up on one motherboard, but not the one I am building, which is a Gigabyte. The facts are, that Asus does not manufacture their own boards, in house, and have not, for some time. Gigabyte does, MSI does and Asrock does, as well. Something is different about this motherboard in regards to recognition of this particular hardware component, by an OS, and only certain carrier adapters for Apple's Broadcom card are recognized. Figuring out which adapter is universal, is my task at hand, and reading what has been done before, is the only help in this situation. OSXwifi has done this, I believe, and you pay for their research and guarantee that their hardware solution for using Apple's Architectural design of Broadcom cards will work. Since the carrier(s) they sell are like no other Chinese design, I have seen, they must have worked with the manufacturer, and have exclusivity, as the card, or clone of it, does not exist for sale outside of their store(s) websites including Ebay, Newegg, Ali-Express or Amazon.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Pastry,
I know you are trying to be helpful but I cannot post my EFI folder until I have installed High Sierra on my other M.2 drive. Unless you want my windows EFI folder information.. which would not be helpful. I always do full testing of my hardware under Windows first. It is useless to go directly to Mac installation on a dual boot machine if all is not perfect under the OS the motherboard was designed for. The fact is X86 boards were not designed for The Mac operating system. We use the Clover bootloader to get around this with some modifed Kexts. My point is, you insert a piece of hardware, designed to work in an X86 board, it should show up in the device manager, before you install a driver. When booted from the Mac OS, or Linux, the hardware should be observable using LSpci or the Mac System information, IOreg, or DPCIManger and an appropriate kext will have loaded, if present, in the operating system. My case is different, the hardware shows up on one motherboard, but not the one I am building, which is a Gigabyte. The facts are, that Asus does not manufacture their own boards, in house, and have not, for some time. Gigabyte does, MSI does and Asrock does, as well. Something is different about this motherboard in regards to recognition of this particular hardware component, by an OS, and only certain carrier adapters for Apple's Broadcom card are recognized. Figuring out which adapter is universal, is my task at hand, and reading what has been done before, is the only help in this situation. OSXwifi has done this, I believe, and you pay for their research and guarantee that their hardware solution for using Apple's Architectural design of Broadcom cards will work. Since the carrier(s) they sell are like no other Chinese design, I have seen, they must have worked with the manufacturer, and have exclusivity, as the card, or clone of it, does not exist for sale outside of their store(s) websites including Ebay, Newegg, Ali-Express or Amazon.

What motherboard is giving you problems with PCI-e Wi-Fi/Bluetooth?

What difference does it make which manufacturers make their own motherboards? Isn't the design what's important? I think it's Foxconn that makes Macs, but they are still Apple Macintoshes.

The Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards are just M.2 cards with custom pinout and connectors. M.2 is PCI-e with different pinout and connectors. The PCI-e adaptors just convert the pinouts and connector. If you really had the patience, it's probably possible to connect one of the Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards directly to a PCI-e slot using jumper wires. Those PCI-e adaptors don't even need any IC chips.

Motherboard
GA Z97MX- GAMING 5
CPU
I7 4770K
Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Pastry,
I am in total agreement it should make no differnce, but it does, with this hardware component. Foxconn does make Apple's boards, and you are correct. Foxconn is major and rebrands for many companies using that company's architectural design. Apple's board firmware and or Bios is what makes it unique and it is non-adjustable to compensate for differences in third party hardware which is its downside. Here is an interesting thread from TonyMac on a Asrockwifi situation: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...esnt-asrock-fatal1ty-z97x-killer-mobo.203309/ My board is a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
and the carriers and cards that do not work in this board, in any slot, work perfectly in a Asus Strix Z270G Gaming. As I said, the new Fenvi FV- T919 card I just puchased and received, works perfectly in this Gigabyte Z370 but it is a 4 antenna Apple Broadcom wifi card, on Fenvi's carrier. The OsXwifi card does work as well that is in another machine I own. Here is a link to my current build which is still not finished: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/a-g5-work-in-progress-template-when-finished.256631/

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Pastry,
I am in total agreement it should make no differnce, but it does, with this hardware component. Foxconn does make Apple's boards, and you are correct. Foxconn is major and rebrands for many companies using that company's architectural design. Apple's board firmware and or Bios is what makes it unique and it is non-adjustable to compensate for differences in third party hardware which is its downside. Here is an interesting thread from TonyMac on a Asrockwifi situation: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...esnt-asrock-fatal1ty-z97x-killer-mobo.203309/ My board is a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
and the carriers and cards that do not work in this board, in any slot, work perfectly in a Asus Strix Z270G Gaming. As I said, the new Fenvi FV- T919 card I just puchased and received, works perfectly in this Gigabyte Z370 but it is a 4 antenna Apple Broadcom wifi card, on Fenvi's carrier. The OsXwifi card does work as well that is in another machine I own. Here is a link to my current build which is still not finished: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/a-g5-work-in-progress-template-when-finished.256631/

I used the Apple Bootcamp drivers to get my Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card working in Windows. I never bothered checking Device Manager in Windows to see if the card showed up there.

Motherboard
MSi B150M BAZOOKA
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Just got my Lenovo FRU 04x6020 BCM94352Z. I had the Airport BrcmFixup and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFI already applied and upon startup, native WiFi is working.

Below are pictures of the BCM94352Z(left) and BCM94350ZAE(right). Both are Lenovo branded. The documentation for my Lenovo Yoga700 doesn't list the BCM94352Z as supported but it works. It lists the BCM94350ZAE as supported, that's why I originally bought this one. And RehabMan said he put in an "unsupported" Lenovo WiFi card in his so it seems like whoever is writing the codes are just putting in a list of all Lenovo FRU wifi cards.

8X5ZZPS.jpg

RWecJJC.jpg

I recently got a MSi laptop and thought I'd test the BCM94350ZAE. WiFi worked OOB but I had to use the kext to activate bluetooth.

Motherboard
GA Z97MX- GAMING 5
CPU
I7 4770K
Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used the Apple Bootcamp drivers to get my Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card working in Windows. I never bothered checking Device Manager in Windows to see if the card showed up there

A driver will not suddenly make a device that is not seen by any OS appear. It has to be detected and the Bootcamp drivers do not check for a device or to see if it is compatible, it just installs. The Bootcamp driver is a modified Broadcom driver. The last downloadable Bootcamp set is not even for Windows 10. It was posted in 2015 and the driver and the .inf file has a 2013 date on it and has a driver version number of 6.30.223.215 provided by Broadcom. I am using that driver on 4 machines. The Fenvi version .inf has a driver version number of 7.35.118.25 and is dated 3/5/2015 and in a Win 10 folder rather than a Win 8 folder. The Bootcamp 6 drivers are the latest, but they cannot be downloaded directly unless you use Brigadier. I have never tried this from the Mac OS using Clover, but I would assume it is the same as the Fenvi driver. BTW Windows 7,8,8.1 and 10 are all variants of Vista, the underlying code there are all based on, none of them are complete rewrites, this is why Win8 8.1 drivers usually install and work on 10.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

A driver will not suddenly make a device that is not seen by any OS appear. It has to be detected and the Bootcamp drivers do not check for a device or to see if it is compatible, it just installs. The Bootcamp driver is a modified Broadcom driver. The last downloadable Bootcamp set is not even for Windows 10. It was posted in 2015 and the driver and the .inf file has a 2013 date on it and has a driver version number of 6.30.223.215 provided by Broadcom. I am using that driver on 4 machines. The Fenvi version .inf has a driver version number of 7.35.118.25 and is dated 3/5/2015 and in a Win 10 folder rather than a Win 8 folder. The Bootcamp 6 drivers are the latest, but they cannot be downloaded directly unless you use Brigadier. I have never tried this from the Mac OS using Clover, but I would assume it is the same as the Fenvi driver. BTW Windows 7,8,8.1 and 10 are all variants of Vista, the underlying code there are all based on, none of them are complete rewrites, this is why Win8 8.1 drivers usually install and work on 10.

Like I said, I never bothered to check Device Manager for the presence of the card.

I use the last downloadable Bootcamp drivers with Windows 10 and it works for both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. I never looked for or tried any updated versions.

Motherboard
GA Z97MX- GAMING 5
CPU
I7 4770K
Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As I said Bootcamp 6.0 is the Windows 10 specific package and Apple pulled direct downloading of this package. The last downloadable package is Bootcamp 5.1.1769 on Apple's site which says it is for:
"This download contains the Windows Support Software (Windows Drivers) you need to support 64 bit versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 on your Mac."
It does Not say 10, and the folder that contains the wifi driver is for 8.1, 10 is not in the title. The Fenvi windows driver is in a folder titled "Windows 10". If the driver is not specifically written for 10, just as Mac kexts are specific, you are just hoping you have good luck, and you did, as I have, and it works. But there is a newer version in th B.C. 6.0 package.