Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Having trouble with Wifi with my BCM943602CS, all was working well until I did a reinstall, I have missed something but not sure what.

I am running 10.11.6 and hope OK to post here as previous thread deprecated. Upgrading to macOS is problematic at the moment for me so would really like to get this working again (it was working well)

Bluetooth is working, wifi is not, error I get is

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 11.53.13.png

I installed FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and FakePCIID.kext (latest versions) to S/L/E using kext installer and checked they are installed.

This is what I see under Wi-Fi in system report
Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 11.40.10.png

I am using an injector kext for USB which Rehab man helped me with

Attached are the usual error reporting files, I am still learning, help explained in basic terms appreciated.

Attachments

• files.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 146
Try using "Halt Enabler" in your config.plist. You may also try "FixShutdown" in conjunction with "Halt Enabler".

I couldn't find out how to enable Halt Enabler. I enabled FixShutdown in Clover Configurator and now shutdown and sleep work. I had it in config.plist before, but probably incorrectly configured. Thanks.

BT mouse/keyboard aren't smooth and break connection occasionally. But this never happens in Windows so it's not the hardware or the distance. macOS also has some annoying pauses when switching apps, first Launchpad opening animation is always skipped, etc.

Edit: Hiccups are fixed by downgrading the Nvidia web driver. Only BT mouse is skipping occasionally.

Last edited:
I couldn't find out how to enable Halt Enabler. I enabled FixShutdown in Clover Configurator and now shutdown and sleep work. I had it in config.plist before, but probably incorrectly configured. Thanks.

BT mouse/keyboard aren't smooth and break connection occasionally. But this never happens in Windows so it's not the hardware or the distance. macOS also has some annoying pauses when switching apps, first Launchpad opening animation is always skipped, etc.

You can try halt enabler by using the clover boot screen manager menu it’s in CPU tuning section. In clover configurator it’s in ACPI st the bottom left side just check the box.

used the 1st WiFi and Bluetooth method in this guide
All config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/WiFi patches are wrong, remove.
See Post #1/WiFi Injection Methods/1. kext enabler, FakePCIID/RehabMan
One patch is required, 10.12+-BCM94352-fvco-darkvoid
Edit config.plist, restart, reply with new files

have an issue with just WiFi after waking from sleep
Attached files show WiFi working, no problem to solve.
Attach files after wake when WiFi is not working. Identify the method installed, attach the kexts installed, where the kexts are installed and all other requested files.

Attached files show WiFi working, no problem to solve.
Attach files after wake when WiFi is not working. Identify the method installed, attach the kexts installed, where the kexts are installed and all other requested files.
All files from after wake with no WiFi.
Method 1
I only have latest (2017-1215) FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext in S/L/E so i did not attach.
Bluetooth works once I enable with fn+F3. It seems a little unstable but BrcmPatchRAM may fix but i have not tried, not my main priority.

To be clear, should I be using all 10.13 patches from config-bcm94352-130.plist?

Edit: Main is OS High Sierra with Sierra dual booted.

Attachments

• Files2.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 232
Last edited:
All files from after wake with no WiFi.
Method 1
I only have latest (2017-1215) FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext in S/L/E so i did not attach.
Bluetooth works once I enable with fn+F3. It seems a little unstable but BrcmPatchRAM may fix but i have not tried, not my main priority.

To be clear, should I be using all 10.13 patches from config-bcm94352-130.plist?

Edit: Main is OS High Sierra with Sierra dual booted.

Your ioreg shows WiFi working.
Don't forget to disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver.

Your ioreg shows WiFi working.
Don't forget to disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver.
I have now disabled wake for network access, could this effect anything? It hasn’t changed any issue.
I have also noticed FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext is not loading, it is “loadable” though. As far as I remember Sierra loads both FakePCIID kexts. I will investigate more and check though my DSDT and the other methods.

I have now disabled wake for network access, could this effect anything? It hasn’t changed any issue.
I have also noticed FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext is not loading, it is “loadable” though. As far as I remember Sierra loads both FakePCIID kexts. I will investigate more and check though my DSDT and the other methods.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Back