Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Motherboard
Asrock Z690 extreme
CPU
I7 12700K
Graphics
RX580
As I read the OC Wireless guide your BCM94360NG doesn't require either of those kexts, as it is using a chipset that matches a native Apple Card.

View attachment 546887

IF you want to use the kexts, then this is the data you need to select the correct kexts for the version of macOS you are using.

View attachment 546888

The information/screenshots above were taken from the M.2 section of the Wireless Buyers Guide.

Thanks, the word "besides" threw me off

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, I'm posting here to have opinions on a problem i'm encountering with my new build. I've successfully complete this build, thanx again to Middleman, who's been a very helping chap. (Z490 Xtreme + i9 10900k + RX 5700XT). I've attached my Config.plist just in case, with all the sensitives redacted.

The only thing that I wanted to add to his build was a BCM94360CS2 mounted on a PCIex1 (short) adapter. I own one and it works flawlessly on my current setup.

However when I installed it on a PCIe x4 (long) and plugged it on a USB2 header on the new setup, the card was not recognised at all, Monterey 12.3 doesn't know the card is plugged at all. Though, I managed to have wifi from the onboard intel card, and Bluetooth from the BCM94360CS2.

I guess I'm missing something, or that a kext or a quirk is getting in the way of the BCM94360CS2 being recognised.

Is AirportBRCMFiuxup needed ? I don't use it on my normal setup (Monterey 12.1) and the wifi works just fine...

Does anyone have a clue regarding this little problem ?

Cheers !

Attachments

• config.plist
    39.9 KB · Views: 9

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, I'm posting here to have opinions on a problem i'm encountering with my new build. I've successfully complete this build, thanx again to Middleman, who's been a very helping chap. (Z490 Xtreme + i9 10900k + RX 5700XT). I've attached my Config.plist just in case, with all the sensitives redacted.

The only thing that I wanted to add to his build was a BCM94360CS2 mounted on a PCIex1 (short) adapter. I own one and it works flawlessly on my current setup.

However when I installed it on a PCIe x4 (long) and plugged it on a USB2 header on the new setup, the card was not recognised at all, Monterey 12.3 doesn't know the card is plugged at all. Though, I managed to have wifi from the onboard intel card, and Bluetooth from the BCM94360CS2.

I guess I'm missing something, or that a kext or a quirk is getting in the way of the BCM94360CS2 being recognised.

Is AirportBRCMFiuxup needed ? I don't use it on my normal setup (Monterey 12.1) and the wifi works just fine...

Does anyone have a clue regarding this little problem ?

Cheers !
SSDT-UIAC.aml should be removed as you already have the kext version USBPorts.kext

make sure you have set the port to 255 (internal) in your info.plist in your USBPorts.kext

no kexts are required for that card

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanx again @Feartech, you tried to help me on a previous problem I had, that coincidentally was not a problem (sorry for the bother). I will try to remove SSDT-UIAC next time I work on the build, tonight most likely.

For the USBPorts.kext, I didn't make it, so I have no clue what you mean by setting the port to 225. I used the kext that came with the build, I usually don't do that and try to make my own things, but I'm really short on time, not up to date with the latest developments of Hackintoshing, and i'm sure the build has been done thoroughly.

I did a quick search in text mode of the info.plist and "225" didn't come up, nor did "internal". Would you mind elaborating, so I can properly add this line where it belongs ? And, if you have the time, for my own knowledge, could you explain why that is important, and what it does ? (never miss an opportunity to learn something)

Oh and if it can help, i also tried to plug the BCM94360CS2 on a ngff adapter to be able to connect it instead of the intel wifi chip (just i case PCIe was in cause) and it didn't work either.

Cheers!

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanx again @Feartech, you tried to help me on a previous problem I had, that coincidentally was not a problem (sorry for the bother). I will try to remove SSDT-UIAC next time I work on the build, tonight most likely.

For the USBPorts.kext, I didn't make it, so I have no clue what you mean by setting the port to 225. I used the kext that came with the build, I usually don't do that and try to make my own things, but I'm really short on time, not up to date with the latest developments of Hackintoshing, and i'm sure the build has been done thoroughly.

I did a quick search in text mode of the info.plist and "225" didn't come up, nor did "internal". Would you mind elaborating, so I can properly add this line where it belongs ? And, if you have the time, for my own knowledge, could you explain why that is important, and what it does ? (never miss an opportunity to learn something)

Oh and if it can help, i also tried to plug the BCM94360CS2 on a ngff adapter to be able to connect it instead of the intel wifi chip (just i case PCIe was in cause) and it didn't work either.

Cheers!
there is more info here:
you should really make your own kext as all systems are different

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update on my situation, as recommended by @Feartech i deleted SSDT-UIAC.aml, and I checked USBport.kext and it seems fine, to the extent of I could understand. SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml was missing, so I compiled a custom one, but the results are still the same, no wifi from the apple card...

I took some screenshots from hackintool (boot+pci) if that can shed some light on the problem.

Thanx guys if you have an idea...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 20.53.32.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 20.53.32.png
    403.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 20.55.18.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 20.55.18.png
    231.1 KB · Views: 12

Edhawk

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600 / RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What happens when you disable the Intel WiFi/BT card in the bios. Or use an SSDT to disable the CNVW connector, through which the Intel card is connected.

Also if you are not using the Intel card in macOS, you should remove the AirportItlwm.kext and the Intel Bluetooth kexts from your /OC/Kexts folder and config.plist. As currently you are injecting AirportItlwm.kext to activate the WiFi side of your Intel card.

The Intel card being connected to the CNVW connector will have a USB port associated with the BT module. Usually port HS14, which should be set as Internal (255) in the USBPorts.kext.

When you change to using the Broadcom card, the bluetooth module will be connected via one of the motherboard USB2 header ports. Which port will depend on which header you have used. Whichever port ends up being used by the Broadcom BT module, it will need to be set with the connector type 'Internal' (255). otherwise you will end up with Sleep/wake issues due to XHCI power calls to the misconfigured USB port.

If possible I would recommend you physically remove the Intel card from the motherboard.

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @Edhawk, lots of possibilities to explorer here, that feels good!

What happens when you disable the Intel WiFi/BT card in the bios. Or use an SSDT to disable the CNVW connector, through which the Intel card is connected.

I have never tapered with such a new motherboard, so i didn't know there was an option in the bios to turn that off, i shall look asap. A SSDT to disable CNVM, yes but how ? Is there a guide somewhere I could follow?

Also if you are not using the Intel card in macOS, you should remove the AirportItlwm.kext and the Intel Bluetooth kexts from your /OC/Kexts folder and config.plist. As currently you are injecting AirportItlwm.kext to activate the WiFi side of your Intel card.

That is a tricky one, I use it to have wifi, but only because the pcie one doesn't work. I would definitely remove all the wireless kexts if the pcie one was working. I try to boot up with a config.plist that had only the bare essential kexts and SSDTs enabled without success. But maybe just disabling them without deleting them from the EFI is not enough ?

The Intel card being connected to the CNVW connector will have a USB port associated with the BT module. Usually port HS14, which should be set as Internal (255) in the USBPorts.kext.

When you change to using the Broadcom card, the bluetooth module will be connected via one of the motherboard USB2 header ports. Which port will depend on which header you have used. Whichever port ends up being used by the Broadcom BT module, it will need to be set with the connector type 'Internal' (255). otherwise you will end up with Sleep/wake issues due to XHCI power calls to the misconfigured USB port.

I will triple check that, but I am 90% sure that USB mapping is correct. I don't remember if I mentioned it but Bluetooth works with the PCIe card, pretty good actually. Only the wi-fi part (so the PCIe part) is not recognized.

If possible I would recommend you physically remove the Intel card from the motherboard.

That was the very first thing I did when I opened the box, knowing I had a OOB working PCIe card. No wi-fi available.

I also tried to plug the Apple card to the m.2 wi-fi slot instead of the intel one, by mean of an adapter that I know works, and it didn't work. Besides that could only have been temporary, because the Apple card is taller than the shroud "protecting" the io setup.

If you, and other people still have the time to look into it, I will try a few things tonight and report.

If I understand your idea, the fact that the onboard slot is active might be a problem to recognize the PCIe card ?

Last, I had the idea of creating a ubuntu live USB and checking how the PCI ports are recognized, to rule out a hidden hardware problem. I also wanted to swap the GPU and the Apple card, just to check the integrity of these ports. The cards are working, I am 200% sure of that, but as it is a brand new motherboard, I can't vouch for the slots.

Another last, do you think I should try with an older Bios? This motherboard has 2 Bios. The one currently used is the latest one, F21.

Thanx again to take the time to look into it!

Cheers

Last edited:

Edhawk

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600 / RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When you disable the Intel card or use the SSDT-NO-CNVI.aml table you basically remove the device from macOS. If you look in Hackintool, navigate to the PCIe tab and find the CNVW connector, you can set up an SSDT to disable the device and connector, as long as it is using the correct ACPI path for the CNVI connector.

Below is a screenshot showing a section of the SSDT-NO-CNVW.dsl attached, with the ACPI path highlighted in a red rectangle. This would be the part of the table that needs to match your setup for the table to work. I provided a .dsl table so you can edit it to match your setup. If it is already correct then just save it as an assembled Machine Language Binary (.aml) table and add it to your OC setup to see if it helps.

Screenshot 2022-05-28 at 12.02.39.png

Just to confirm CNVW and CNVI are used to mean the same connector/port.

So your Broadcom WiFi/BT card didn't work in the adapter for the CNVW connector, and it doesn't work in the PCIe adapter card, yes? That being the case you may need to look in to whether the Broadcom WiFi card is defective.

Attachments

• SSDT-NO-CNVW.dsl.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 9