Contribute
Register

Broadcom BCM94360CD Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII GENE DDR4 (Bios v3504)
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
K5000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I need some help with my WiFi Card. I purchased the Broadcom BCM94360CD due to not being able to find available Bluetooth/ WiFi combo cards to purchase from the recommended build list (link below). After installing the Broadcom card Bluetooth and WiFi work... however, it does not want to connect to any networks. It sees my network, but each time it tries to connect it say the network could not be joined move closer. I know the distance is not an issue. My other devices work fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have been stuck on this for sometime now. I have attach a link to a screen recording.
System specs are in my profile.

Thanks so much,
-Chad
https://www.dropbox.com/s/la135zflzbvc0g2/WIFIBT Help.mov?dl=0
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012LOT512/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

That's the same card I use. I would double check the antennas and wires. You may have a bad card/adapter in which case amazon has a very good return policy. Can you test it in windows?

That's the same card I use. I would double check the antennas and wires. You may have a bad card/adapter in which case amazon has a very good return policy. Can you test it in windows?

Good to know that one of these cards is working out there. I will look into returning it. I have 20 days left to return it.

I do have maybe a small amount of progress. I cleared the .plist files out of the System Config folder and copied over ones from my macbook pro. The card connected right away to my network. It has a IP and a green connection, but no internet. Not sure what to do next.

Thinking...

Thanks for the reply!

You might try a different slot also.
Wish I could be more helpful, but my card has worked OOB since day one. No problems in El Cap, Sierra, or High Sierra.
No mods, kexts, or patches of any kind used.

Can you detail which antenna on the PCIe card connects to which pin on the Apple add-in card? Is it just top-to-bottom, don't reorder anything?

Just plugged it in, didn't mess with the wires at all.
Since its in the top slot can't see how its wired without pulling the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back