Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
hp 15-ay501nl
CPU
Intel i3-6006u
Graphics
Intel HD 520 & AMD Radeon R5 M430
Hi all i have an hp laptop with ngff/m.2 port with a 2 notches wifi card installed.So i'm going now to change that wifi card with a compatible one for my hackintosh. I found 2 types of Broadcom BCM94352Z, one with 1 notch(cheaper) and another with 2 notches(the Dell model). Would the 1 notch wifi card works with my laptop and expecially it will be compatible with hackintosh? thanks in advice.

Hi all i have an hp laptop with ngff/m.2 port with a 2 notches wifi card installed.So i'm going now to change that wifi card with a compatible one for my hackintosh. I found 2 types of Broadcom BCM94352Z, one with 1 notch(cheaper) and another with 2 notches(the Dell model). Would the 1 notch wifi card works with my laptop and expecially it will be compatible with hackintosh? thanks in advice.

It depends on the requirements of the slot you're inserting the card into.

And how can i check that?

Physically inspect the slot.
There is a wikipedia article on M.2 if you wish to understand more.

Physically inspect the slot.
There is a wikipedia article on M.2 if you wish to understand more.
Already read that article. I've now disassembled my laptop and here is a shot of the card.

Attachments

• 20180125_194250.jpg
    20180125_194250.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 184
Already read that article. I've now disassembled my laptop and here is a shot of the card.

There's no way someone can see enough detail in that shot to determine which cutouts need to be present in the WiFi card.
Look at it yourself, please.

I have a BCM94392X NGFF card installed, and I understand I need the BrcmPatchRam installed.
But do I need the NonPatchRAM kext or the PatchRAM kext. I've tried to find any specs on the card
on the internet without luck?
Thanks
Jim Ballantine

AFAIK, BCM94392X is not supported.
And is certain off-topic. This thread is regarding BCM943252Z.
I have a Broadcom BCM94352Z, and the title is
Broadcom BCM94352Z,
so I believe it isn't off-topic, I don't know where BCM943252Z came from.

Anyway, I found the answer, it is the PatchRAM kext.

Jim

I have a Broadcom BCM94352Z, and the title is
Broadcom BCM94352Z,
so I believe it isn't off-topic, I don't know where BCM943252Z came from.

You wrote "BCM94392X NGFF" in post #7.
Read what you wrote carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back