Contribute
Register

Broadcom 943602CS Bluetooth w/ rare vendor & product ID in High Sierra --updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
20
Motherboard
Gigabyte H81M
CPU
4590
Graphics
headless
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Hey guys I posted this yesterday but it was super late & I posted the wrong link, making it impossible to follow for anybody that tried. This is an updated version:

I have a Broadcom 943602CS card with a full sized PCIe adapter & bluetooth connected via USB header.

I bought the card for a good price on eBay under the impression that it was a BCM94360CD which is known for being pretty much plug n play on hacks. This card is still one that is used in some real Macs but even after I got the card and realized it's not a 94360 I was confused because I couldn't find mention of it's vendor & product ID anywhere, all the other 943602CS had a similar but different set of numbers. My card has a Product ID of 0x21ff & Vendor ID of 0x0a5c.

Then I found this thread. I bought my card from the same exact listing only 6 months later. Ours have exact same product & vendor ID. I have the same problem as the op in that thread as well as andy later on, but I can't seem to fix mine.


I found an issue opened on BrcmPatchRam here that listed a possible solution, so I followed the same exact steps listed by derpuma there. Now bluetooth does appear in the menu bar now & even can see devices but if I try to pair it either won't at all on some devices or will jump from connected to disconnected about 5 times a second. If I try to turn bluetooth off & then on again it totally stops working, showing 'bluetooth not available'. Even in this scenario I can still view it in IOReg as well as System Report > USB as BCM2045A0.

I'm trying to return it through eBay but it's been awhile since I got it & I don't think it's going to work out. If I end up stuck with this card it would be great to have bluetooth working but I'm not sure where to go next.

To add I'm not entirely confident that it's not a USB issue but I'm not sure how to tell. I followed a RehabMan guide about limiting USB ports through an SSDT to avoid hitting the 15 limit. I don't seem to have any issues with any USB devices I can plug in but I do have this issue & occasional slow restarts which I know can both be caused by various bad USB setups.

For the record, I'm running 10.13.1 on an i5 4590 with iMac 14,2 system definition & Clover UEFI. I'm using a slightly modified BrcmPatchRam2.kext & IOBluetookFamily.kext, as well as an unmodified BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. Including an IOReg, a list of loaded kexts, my config.plist & my modified IOBluetoothFamily.kext as well as BrcmPatchRam2.kext in case it helps.. I'm not sure where to turn next.
 

Attachments

  • Problem-reporting.zip
    3 MB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top