Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 3
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Hey Everyone,

So i successfully installed OS X El Capitan on my Hackintosh, installed my GTX 970 driver, and everything works great except the brightness.

There is no software based brightness adjustment to fix the brightness on the screen. It wouldn't bug me except the fact that when i open iMessage the person i am talking to their bubble is not there. I downloaded a brightness slider from the app store just to see if that was it, and it was. However, the colors look distorted once i lower the brightness. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I am running DVI to my Asus VG248QE Monitor. My post install device is defaulted as mac 3,1 in multibeast.

Thanks everyone

Hey Everyone,

So i successfully installed OS X El Capitan on my Hackintosh, installed my GTX 970 driver, and everything works great except the brightness.

There is no software based brightness adjustment to fix the brightness on the screen. It wouldn't bug me except the fact that when i open iMessage the person i am talking to their bubble is not there. I downloaded a brightness slider from the app store just to see if that was it, and it was. However, the colors look distorted once i lower the brightness. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I am running DVI to my Asus VG248QE Monitor. My post install device is defaulted as mac 3,1 in multibeast.

Thanks everyone

Brightness controls are on your monitor. Software brightness controls only available on laptops/all-in-ones where the display is integrated (using eDP or LVDS).

Yes I tried that, but it did not solve the issue. The only resolution for the issue was to change the software based brightness slider, which made shadows appear and things that were drowned out in white... that is my issue. Trust me, I work in Television, Color Calibration and I are good friends

Yes I tried that, but it did not solve the issue. The only resolution for the issue was to change the software based brightness slider, which made shadows appear and things that were drowned out in white... that is my issue. Trust me, I work in Television, Color Calibration and I are good friends

You should check if you have proper QE/CI working.

The brightness slider software you installed is not affecting actual monitor backlight, it is just modifying the luminosity of the colors of each pixel (it uses an "alpha blend overlay window" over the entire screen).

Or... Maybe you need to create a proper color profile for your monitor?

I checked the profiles.. I will check my QE/CI settings that could very well be it. Thanks!

You should check if you have proper QE/CI working.

How? so far the best answer i found to how to do this was "open launchpad and see if its smooth :/" but i'd like to see it somewhere black on white that its good, as i got some gradient issues, i know it could be related to 6650AMD but i haven't found a clover solution to that. Gonna look into that in a bit too, but confirmation as for the QE/CI Part would be awesome

thanks , and again thanks, for all your amazing shared knowledge on the hack topic :clap::headbang:

How? so far the best answer i found to how to do this was "open launchpad and see if its smooth :/" but i'd like to see it somewhere black on white that its good, as i got some gradient issues, i know it could be related to 6650AMD but i haven't found a clover solution to that. Gonna look into that in a bit too, but confirmation as for the QE/CI Part would be awesome

thanks , and again thanks, for all your amazing shared knowledge on the hack topic :clap::headbang:

If QE/CI isn't working you will know right away. There will be no transparency in the dock, menu bar, finder window, or launchpad. There will be banding issues after you login and it is transitioning to the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back