Contribute
Register

Brightness Control XPS 7590 (i7-9750H - UHD 630)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for looking into this. I've somehow managed to bypass this after trying to start after multiple times. Now I have booted to MAC OS multiple times without Kernel panic. Mine is 4K OLED screes.

Below things are not working for me. Any help would be appreciated.

- Wifi (replaced wifi card with DW1820A) - but cannot get the wifi to work but bluetooth works
- External Hard drive - Usb works but hard drive is not recognised
- HDMI doesn't work
- GTX 1650 - I guess this is not supported

I've attached my clover and extensions folder if it may help.

What works is below:
- Trackpad works great
- Sound works
- bluetooth works

Many Thanks

Can you please write a guide for this 7590 OLED screen?

I have "NVMe Micron 2200S NVM" and I wonder if it's not possible to install on this SSD.
- When I set SATA to "Raid On", I can reach to installation screen but SSD is not available in Disk Utility.
- When I set SATA to "AHCI", installation gets stuck.

Thanks for sharing your L/E and Clover, by the way.

For some years I've been using this app to control OLED brightness:

It's a real brightness control, not some overlay screen. But I'm not sure if this app is still available.

Notebook Dell XPS 15 7590 Oled. Network ordered on Ali BCM943602BAED, rides. Catalina 10.15.1 installed everything works, except for the problem with Oled. After sleep, a black screen. I connected an external monitor via HDMI Samsung Sync Master, after sleep there is an image on it. Adjusting the brightness with the function buttons does not work, but the sun and the panel with the slider appear. To adjust the brightness I use a third-party program, Shady or Brightness Control, both work. Adjust the brightness on both displays. Who in the subject tell me how to configure. The media reported that Apple may soon put the Samsung Oled matrix in the MacBook Pro.

Attachments

• shady_1.0.3.zip
    693.7 KB · Views: 130
  • generic_brightness_src.zip
    60.3 KB · Views: 118
Can you please write a guide for this 7590 OLED screen?

I have "NVMe Micron 2200S NVM" and I wonder if it's not possible to install on this SSD.
- When I set SATA to "Raid On", I can reach to installation screen but SSD is not available in Disk Utility.
- When I set SATA to "AHCI", installation gets stuck.

Thanks for sharing your L/E and Clover, by the way.
I have the same issue but my SSD is Samsung PM981a

Notebook Dell XPS 15 7590 Oled. Network ordered on Ali BCM943602BAED, rides. Catalina 10.15.1 installed everything works, except for the problem with Oled. After sleep, a black screen. I connected an external monitor via HDMI Samsung Sync Master, after sleep there is an image on it. Adjusting the brightness with the function buttons does not work, but the sun and the panel with the slider appear. To adjust the brightness I use a third-party program, Shady or Brightness Control, both work. Adjust the brightness on both displays. Who in the subject tell me how to configure. The media reported that Apple may soon put the Samsung Oled matrix in the MacBook Pro.

@vivar I have basic understanding of hackintosh, could you please share a simple guide? Which tutorial did you follow?

Hi, my configuration is: i7-9750h, Gtx1650, 16GB, 512GB SSD, OLED display.

For now, I have installed macos on stick USB, what don't work:

-Brightness control
-Wifi (soon swap with DW1820)
-Sleep mode
-Screen stay off when I try to exit sleep mode
-Cpu can't go down under 1.3Ghz

What works:
-Metal render on Intel 630 (3E9B0000)
-Shutdown/Reboot
-Hdmi out port
-Sound (Alc298 layout 30)
-Battery Status
-Deactive Nvidia graphics (-wegnoegpu)
Hi, just want to confirm, your hakintosh has I7-9750H processor and it picks it up as an i7-9750H ?

Hi Everyone,

I've tried multiple EFIs: from LuletterSoul, bavariancake, sevendaye (posted on this thread), and sajan (posted on this thread as well. But every time get stuck at MacOS Mojave installation from USB to the SSD (the machine just freezes after progressing by 2/3rds with 2 min remaining and then reboots). Not sure what else I can do, I think I'm missing a trick somewhere. I realise this is a super-vague description, but if anyone has thoughts, pls. let me know -- I'd very much appreciate any help. Thanks

I connected an external monitor by HDMI, repeat mode. Sent to sleep, after sleep, the image is only on the external monitor. How can I make Oled work?

I found a program can dim panel, google it "shady for mac", it's a workaround at the moment.
Hi, does this tool give you proper dimming functionality without colour shifts or so, or are there still issues with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back