Contribute
Register

Brightness Control XPS 7590 (i7-9750H - UHD 630)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've made progress after multiple attempts and I successfully installed the OS and also went through the main setup and then after i was on the mojave but then i shut my laptop and then rebooted again and it was saying no boot device so i plugged in my usb again and selected boot mac os but then i got stuck on kernel panic. Is there anything to do after the installation and setup in done ?I did ran the cache command on terminal but anything else that should be done to make sure we don't need to bootable usb and also not to get kernel panic ?

I've attached my EFI Clover folder, if anyone could point out anything thats not right then it would be great.

Many Thanks all !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:
What kext is causing the kernel panic? Also, are you FHD or 4K?

What kext is causing the kernel panic? Also, are you FHD or 4K?

Thanks for looking into this. I've somehow managed to bypass this after trying to start after multiple times. Now I have booted to MAC OS multiple times without Kernel panic. Mine is 4K OLED screes.

Below things are not working for me. Any help would be appreciated.

- Wifi (replaced wifi card with DW1820A) - but cannot get the wifi to work but bluetooth works
- External Hard drive - Usb works but hard drive is not recognised
- HDMI doesn't work
- GTX 1650 - I guess this is not supported

I've attached my clover and extensions folder if it may help.

What works is below:
- Trackpad works great
- Sound works
- bluetooth works

Many Thanks

Attachments

• :Library:Extensions.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 147
  • CLOVER.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 186
Hi, did anybody had a chance to install Catalina on XPS 7590?

Same issue to my XPS 7590 4K OLED.
Is there any updates ?

I tried "shady fo mac" before. The issue I had with it was that it only shaded the desktop, not the virtual desktops of maximized apps.
Then, I tried QuickShade, this one covered virtual desktops and it supported keyboard shortcut to increase/decrease light; well not exactly brightness, since it was on OLED screen. It just shaded the color which I guess is equivalent to brightness control in OLED. The problem: When you switched between desktop, for a moment, the brightness goes up, which was very annoying.

At the end, I purchased NightTone from app store for $2.99. Here are the pros and cons:
Pros:
* Support virtual desktops
* Does not flicker on switching screen
Cons:
* No keyboard control shortcut
* limited brightness levels.
* Not free

I'm not sure if this forum allows promoting paid apps, if so, please let me know. My experience was that $2.99 was worth a better brightness control that doesn't jump.

Anyway, I returned the OLED screen laptop and I went for one with LCD, now the keyboard keys adjust the brightness but I miss the vibrancy and sharpness of OLED.

Hope this was usefull.

By the way, for those who have LCD, if you go to Settings -> Display -> Color, you can choose the color profile. You can try to see which one serves you best, I liked the Adobe 1998. I tried this on OLED, but it didn't worked on my laptop. Hopefully it will work on yours.

The OLED color was so hard on my eyes that I got rid of my 7590 for a 9570. It's not as performant (maybe 10% less) but most features works on it (with the exception of a few minor stuff).

By the way, for those who have LCD, if you go to Settings -> Display -> Color, you can choose the color profile. You can try to see which one serves you best, I liked the Adobe 1998. I tried this on OLED, but it didn't worked on my laptop. Hopefully it will work on yours.

The OLED color was so hard on my eyes that I got rid of my 7590 for a 9570. It's not as performant (maybe 10% less) but most features works on it (with the exception of a few minor stuff).

Dell ships relatively accurate color profiles for all 3 types of panels in their windows display driver package. Extract it and you'll get those color profiles, which you can use on macOS with ColorSync Utility.app. Don't use random color profiles from the default list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back