Contribute
Register

Brightness Control XPS 7590 (i7-9750H - UHD 630)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's a CFL processor. I have tried exactly as you say, but still broken. Here my last boot with just SSDT-PNLF

Attachments

• debug_23392.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 150
Since you seem to be the only person to have been able to hackintosh the 7590, would you mind posting a guide? There are quite a few people around this forum and the internet who have been looking for a stable guide, and I think you could really help.

A post detailing the steps you took and what kexts, etc you downloaded would be perfect, if thats not asking too much.

If all works no problem.

Look here if you want begin: Dell EFI

Yes it's a CFL processor. I have tried exactly as you say, but still broken. Here my last boot with just SSDT-PNLF

Oh sorry bro that I couldn't help you, but probably is because of the OLED screen. Maybe has different registers to control brightness. (I am not sure)

You can try this. It is old comment but you should try
For OLED screens with no native brightness this brightness control does the job. It doesn't put an overlay but scales video signal. There was a free alternative (an ugly looking app and now it is gone - at least I can't find it). I am getting around + 1 hour with battery compared to an overlay solution.

https://itunes.apple.com/lt/app/dimmer/id1023300460

P.S. You should remember shortcuts in the case you accidentally slide brightness to zero (black screen).

If all works no problem.
Btw it seems your I2C patch makes ACPI errors (probably because target device _SB_.PCI0.I2C1.TPD1 should be _SB_.PCI0.I2C1.TPD0)

There is a support thread for making that patch and GPIO pinning :

I found a program can dim panel, google it "shady for mac", it's a workaround at the moment.
Have you been able to get sleep to work? I've just managed to successfully set it up.

Oh sorry bro that I couldn't help you, but probably is because of the OLED screen. Maybe has different registers to control brightness. (I am not sure)

You can try this. It is old comment but you should try
The link is broken.

Btw it seems your I2C patch makes ACPI errors (probably because target device _SB_.PCI0.I2C1.TPD1 should be _SB_.PCI0.I2C1.TPD0)

There is a support thread for making that patch and GPIO pinning :
I tried, did not work.

Have you been able to get sleep to work? I've just managed to successfully set it up.
Sleep work, but wake don't work. Have you a OLED panel ?

The link is broken.

I tried, did not work.

Sleep work, but wake don't work. Have you a OLED panel ?

Yes, OLED panel i7. Wake doesn't work for me either. Have you found a fix for any of your issues?

I've got a XPS 15 7590 with an i7 and an FHD display. The 9570 clover configuration linked above gives me graphics acceleration and brightness control.

Last edited:
Would anyone able to share the latest working EFI package for the 7590 OLED please ?
I've tried the one form bavariancake but failed during the boot installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back