Contribute
Register

Brightness Control XPS 7590 (i7-9750H - UHD 630)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 7590
CPU
I7-9750H
Graphics
Intel HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone,

I have a problem in the control of brightness, it is present in the parameters, but it has no effect.

I put the file "SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml" in / Acpi / patched, as well as the parameter "enable-cfl-backlight-fix" in the file config.plist

Thank you very much if someone can solve the problem, because the brightness is fixed at 100% and the battery discharges very quickly.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-07-14 à 17.24.19.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-07-14 à 17.24.19.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 940
  • config.plist
    11.7 KB · Views: 524
Hi
I am planning to buy the same laptop (XPS 7590, i7, 512GB, 16GB RAM). Have you successfully installed Hackintosh on the laptop? What all is working fine and what issues are you facing?

Hi, my configuration is: i7-9750h, Gtx1650, 16GB, 512GB SSD, OLED display.

For now, I have installed macos on stick USB, what don't work:

-Brightness control
-Wifi (soon swap with DW1820)
-Sleep mode
-Screen stay off when I try to exit sleep mode
-Cpu can't go down under 1.3Ghz

What works:
-Metal render on Intel 630 (3E9B0000)
-Shutdown/Reboot
-Hdmi out port
-Sound (Alc298 layout 30)
-Battery Status
-Deactive Nvidia graphics (-wegnoegpu)

Thank you,

I try with the link you give me, now the CPU goes down to 0.80Ghz (the battery is longer and the fans are always off), but still the problem with the brightness control.

The trapckap works very well too.

If anyone can identify the problem please.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 19.28.34.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 19.28.34.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 718
Still bug with screen, I think it's because Clover or Whatevergreen does not inject my custom EDID. Why?

If anyone have a suggestions.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-23 at 11.06.44.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-23 at 11.06.44.png
    1,013.4 KB · Views: 374
Hello everyone,

I have a problem in the control of brightness, it is present in the parameters, but it has no effect.

I put the file "SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml" in / Acpi / patched, as well as the parameter "enable-cfl-backlight-fix" in the file config.plist

Thank you very much if someone can solve the problem, because the brightness is fixed at 100% and the battery discharges very quickly.
Use this tool to generate a problem report and then attach the final file, that way I could help you better.

Still bug with screen, I think it's because Clover or Whatevergreen does not inject my custom EDID. Why?

If anyone have a suggestions.
Would you mind posting your EFI here? I have been trying to install hackintosh on my 7590 but as soon as I turn off my computer I can't seem to reboot it. Some problem with the config, I guess. However, while it was up and running (directly after installation), I was able to fix it by installing a multitude of different kexts which worked on the 9570. If you wouldn't mind, posting your config and all your kexts would help me identify and pinpoint what made the actual difference.

Hi, if you have OLED display right now you can't control brightness. I have tried with Ubuntu 19.04 and Fedora 30 dont' work them.

If you have a kernel panic just remove VoodooI2C and VodooI2CHID it's not stable at the moment.

I have make some research about OLED panel, if I have understand the panel don't have a backlight panel like LCD, each LED control itself brightness, if the pixel is black also the LED it's off. Maybe that's why Apple does not come out of Macbook with oled screen because it pulls a lot on the battery.

The solution, I think it's a program that can dim the display by applying a filter on the entire screen.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    12.7 MB · Views: 557
I found a program can dim panel, google it "shady for mac", it's a workaround at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back