Contribute
Register

Brightness Control and Sleep not working on Pascal GPU (Nvidia Web Driver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Back on topic
Ive noticed that i cant patch edid with both clover and dsdt, it just ignores it and loads the standard one, all attemps to change the display type device/vendor id havent worked, i think
With it being pascal + web drivers we dont inject any info for it with clover
Just set nvidiaweb=true

Its also strange that in my dsdt i have 2 GFX0
Renamed i get
One at
PCI0.IGPU with address 0x0002000
AND
PCI0.PEG0.IGPU@0 with peg0@1000

Last edited:
The methods for backlight in my dsdt seem to be bqc, bcm, bcl, and references to gcbl, stbr, lcdd.
Ive tried emlydinesh's g50 g750 patches, nothing

Back on topic
Ive noticed that i cant patch edid with both clover and dsdt, it just ignores it and loads the standard one, all attemps to change the display type device/vendor id havent worked, i think
With it being pascal + web drivers we dont inject any info for it with clover
Just set nvidiaweb=true

Its also strange that in my dsdt i have 2 GFX0
Renamed i get
One at
PCI0.IGPU with address 0x0002000
AND
PCI0.PEG0.IGPU@0 with peg0@1000

Your profile does not indicate you own a laptop with Nvidia... Please fix your profile as per FAQ.

And...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

The methods for backlight in my dsdt seem to be bqc, bcm, bcl, and references to gcbl, stbr, lcdd.
Ive tried emlydinesh's g50 g750 patches, nothing

If you're using 10.12.4, not possible to ACPIBacklight.kext work (until a fix is found).
Focus instead on native backlight control (probably need to inject special properties for your Nvidia framebuffer...)

Your profile does not indicate you own a laptop with Nvidia... Please fix your profile as per FAQ.

And...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

If you're using 10.12.4, not possible to ACPIBacklight.kext work (until a fix is found).
Focus instead on native backlight control (probably need to inject special properties for your Nvidia framebuffer...)

Hi rehabman its nice to have your attention for the moment, i updated my Signature,
My clover folder can also be found at
Www.github.com/onejay09/osx if needed

Yes im aware of the issue with 10.12.4, and AcpiBacklight.kext as i have a pascal gpu im stuck with 10.12.4, ive also read your new guide for the workaround regarding this issue, I was hoping there could be some collaboration to fix this for nvidia pascal also

Yes im aware of the issue with 10.12.4, and AcpiBacklight.kext as i have a pascal gpu im stuck with 10.12.4, ive also read your new guide for the workaround regarding this issue, I was hoping there could be some collaboration to fix this for nvidia pascal also

You should check into how backlight control works on a real Mac with Nvidia...

Yes im aware that some imacs come with nvidia graphics...
However keplar is not pascal and pascal is not native and doesnt have apple drivers, im curoius as to whether these web drivers are an issue

Yes im aware that some imacs come with nvidia graphics...
However keplar is not pascal and pascal is not native and doesnt have apple drivers, im curoius as to whether these web drivers are an issue

I think you would find looking at an ioreg from an Nvidia-based Mac rather useful, especially if it has internal brightness controls, and assuming you know what you're looking at...

Thanks for the pointer, i understand the basic principal of acpi and memory addresses but im lost to how mac os talks to these methods and reads and writes values, i have little experience with the naming in acpi and what some names represent ie LCDD or EDPD, theyre screen outputs i think but which is the one i want. i would like for someone to look at my dsdt or ioreg and tell me where to focus my attention or whether im wasting my time
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back