Contribute
Register

Brightness Control and Sleep not working on Pascal GPU (Nvidia Web Driver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's great!. did you check if night shift works too for you? also handoff working? these doesnt works for me well. also no Lid sleep. also i cant use gpu sensor from fakeSMC, it panics if i use one. other thn that it's working perfectly.
Night shift works after sleep 1 like yours, maybe Nvidia Driver bugs. Handoff not tested too..

hi @RehabMan my laptop show its display connector type as DisplayPort.. can we change that value to LVDS connector type by DSDT/SSDT injection?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 5.35.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 5.35.07 AM.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 5.35.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 5.35.21 AM.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 169
Night shift works after sleep 1 like yours, maybe Nvidia Driver bugs. Handoff not tested too..

hi @RehabMan my laptop show its display connector type as DisplayPort.. can we change that value to LVDS connector type by DSDT/SSDT injection?
hmm isee, for NIghtshift worked correctly even before sleep, but after ddst/ssdt patches no longer works on fresh boot.

my laptop shows same as yours, like if its connected to a display port, might be a specific issue with pascal G-sync laptops without optimus.
for me gsync shows not supported on this monitor in the nvidia gsync tab.

edit: also what are you using for audio? and your codec? mine are 898 alc but no applehda patch working, can only get it with voodo. applehda patch with layout 1 shows devices but in different languague with no internal speaker sound, lineout works tho.

You should look at the patches/examples in my laptop repo:
graphics_nvidia_gt520m.txt
graphics_nvidia_laptop.txt
graphics_nvidia_laptop2.txt

Mine like yours for sys pref display. Yeah its because Nvidia Web Driver issue..

My sleep working too after patching Native CPU Management use ssdtPRgen.sh from Piker Alpha and Skylake instant-wake patch!.

Then after brightness control this is my perfect hackintosh on laptops ever xD. I have working: detected NVMe SSD (Piker Alpha patch), wifi and bluetooth (NGFF bcm94532z), vga, keyboard + backlight (use AsusNBFNKeys.kext), Touchpad ELAN1200 (VoodooI2C.kext), all USB 2.0/3.0 (3.0 with 3.0 speed too), sleep. but not tested Ethernet, DisplayPort and HDMI because I not use that features. Almost perfect xD
Could you please share that which working and which not working? for example, webcam, mic, headphone, ethernet, card reader, battery indicator etc. I want to buy the same model you have. BTW, is the battery life very short? Thank you very much.

Could you please share that which working and which not working? for example, webcam, mic, headphone, ethernet, card reader, battery indicator etc. I want to buy the same model you have. BTW, is the battery life very short? Thank you very much.

as he stated, everything works except the brightness settings, you can tho use the brightness software that applies filter until the issue is fixed. also the stock wifi card wont work, you have to purchase bcm94532z card.

these laptops dont have good battery life and they will run at almost half the performance without charger. you should not expect more thn 2.5 hours with web browsing etc.

i'll however suggest buying a MSI gt62vr, both of these can be same price for same config but msi gt runs way cooler, the asus can hit 90+ on cpu + gpu. the msi being thick runs far better. i have same MSI but a barebon with 6700k running @4.1ghz and im not even hitting 85c mostly under 80c during games.

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for the reply. I actually already posted in that thread, though I was hoping to find more answers related to the ELAN1200 since the bulk of testing and documentation seems to be for the ELAN1000.

Off-topic here. This thread is brightness/sleep for Nvidia/pascal... nothing to do with trackpads or I2C...

Off-topic here. This thread is brightness/sleep for Nvidia/pascal... nothing to do with trackpads or I2C...
You're right, sorry about that. I'm just at my wits-end right now, I don't know what left to do, or what I may be missing.

And so the search continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back