Contribute
Register

BridgeHelper 5.0 results

Status
Not open for further replies.
jamdox said:
randallphoto:

my audio works with the HDArollback/no-DSDT enabler, etc. So you might want to try that instead of a DSDT?

I'm curious, which kexts did you install? I'm considering installing the AHCI and USB kexts, but don't want to botch my system...

Thanks

Yeah I'm going to try the new ivy audio kext with the hdarollback/no-DSDT enabler tonight and delete the DSDT.

And I installed IOAHCIFamily.kext AppleAHCIPort.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. I also deleted nullcpupowermanagement.kext

Resolved the kernel panics, strange. Tried various things but didn't work in the OS, so removed DSDT completely except for LAN, then reset the BIOS to optimised settings as I must have screwed something up there and now everything works.
I have sleep for the first time, Geekbench 64bit on i5 Ivy is now about 11,500, up from 10,500 on the BridgeHelper 4.0.1 kernel.
I don't have sound but LAN and USB 3.0 work well too with bluetooth via the USB key I have.
If only I could get sound to work!
So the conclusion is that the KP's I think were me tinkering with overclocking and this kernel didn't like it. I got a panic message saying it didn't recognise a state in CPU 3. Since the BIOS reset, rock solid again.
Hope that helps someone. :D

If I'm not mistaken, the edited kext is for use with an edited DSDT; I'm not using it and my audio seems OK, although I mostly just use optical out.

Do the AHCI drivers do anything besides make the controllers recognized in HW report?

Also, do the USB drivers do anything? My motherboard has two USB ports that don't work, but I thought that was because they used some secondary controller?

jamdox said:
Are the folks with the black screen on wake issue using edited DSDTs? 'cuz I'm not and sleep is working fine...

Interesting. I'm not using a DSDT. Just to make sure, because there are several levels of sleep, I believe: When you click the apple icon in the menu bar on the top left and select sleep, does the power led on your case switch off (mine does)?

I've found with the Z77-DS3H that working with no DSDT with these files is best. I'm using HDAEnabler for the Realtek 887 and toleda's new patched AppleHDA plus BridgeHelper 5.0 on a standard 10.7.4 install.

The file below works on Realtek ALC 887/898 for the Gigabyte Z77-DS3H, H77-DS3H, and Z77X-UD5H with no DSDT, and with the appropriate HDAEnabler.

Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=63854

Boards: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/04/ ... -cpus.html

So I was mistaken about the audio kext... might want to reinstall.

Regarding sleep, it looks totally off. I also have C3/C6 disabled in EFI and GraphicsEnabler=Yes in chameleon.boot.plist. I suspect the former doesn't matter, though the latter might?

tonymacx86 said:
I've found with the Z77-DS3H that working with no DSDT with these files is best. I'm using HDAEnabler for the Realtek 887 and toleda's new patched AppleHDA plus BridgeHelper 5.0 on a standard 10.7.4 install.

The file below works on Realtek ALC 887/898 for the Gigabyte Z77-DS3H, H77-DS3H, and Z77X-UD5H with no DSDT, and with the appropriate HDAEnabler.

Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=63854

Boards: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/04/ ... -cpus.html
Hi Tony, it the version from topic viewtopic.php?f=16&t=63854 the same as PatchedHDA from MultiBeast 4.5.2? And do I check ALC8xxHDA option or should I leave that one unchecked (GA-Z77-DS3H)? Thanks.

Does anyone has good experience with installation BridgeHelper 5 on a system which contains overclocked i7-3770K + Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H?

Bridgehelper 5.0 works great on my build. Finally getting my USB 3.0 ports to work! Is this what its supposed to look like in System Information? I got an external USB 3.0 enclosure with a hard disk in it for backup purposes.

Sleep is working,... I mean.. it shuts the system down... startup after sleep, not so much. I'm getting a black screen, with an eternal spinning rainbow circle. Funny thing is ... it slowly disappears (fades in to black.) I turn off (power) my monitor, power my monitor back on and again I see the spinning circle.... and it fades again etc. Must be something with my Radeon 6950.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-15 at 10.29.12.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-15 at 10.29.12.png
    144.9 KB · Views: 268
jamdox said:
So I was mistaken about the audio kext... might want to reinstall.

Regarding sleep, it looks totally off. I also have C3/C6 disabled in EFI and GraphicsEnabler=Yes in chameleon.boot.plist. I suspect the former doesn't matter, though the latter might?

new Ivy audio kext works perfectly without DSDT. I couldn't get audio to work reliably before, now it works perfect.

And my system looks totally off when it's sleeping too

Only thing I still can't get to work is overclocking/speedstep.

I have the bios set to 42x turbo multiplier
No DSDT/No SSDT msrdumper shows 16/42 switching back and forth
DSDT/No SSDT msrdumper shows 16/42 switching back and forth
No DSDT/SSDT msrdumper shows 16/42 switching back and forth
DSDT/SSDT msrdumper shows 16/42 switching back and forth

Geek bench scores are 14,500-14,900 usually so I'm pretty sure I'm running at 4.2 but about this Mac always shows 3.5, I'm thinking because it's only seeing/using 2 p-states

I'll prolly make a new thread about this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back