Intel
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey coming from windows world I might had clicked one time to much.
When being prompted to install BridgeHelper 5.0 I just clicked continue thinking that after the installation I start the BridgeHelper application and point it do my USB drive.
But I guess I'm wrong and the actual installation should point to the USB drive :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Do I need to undo something since I hit the install for BridgeHelper 5.0 when pointing to the MacHD instead of the USB drive?

Motherboard
Intel
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I didn't do a reboot so far.
There is nothing else I can do besides the reinstall?

Motherboard
Intel
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Look like if have to face the music, I never installed MacOS I is there a way to do a repair installation ala windows?
What happens to the files which are on the iMac right now will they all be deleted during the installation?

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
homers said:
Look like if have to face the music, I never installed MacOS I is there a way to do a repair installation ala windows?
What happens to the files which are on the iMac right now will they all be deleted during the installation?
Do you not have a backup of any kind? Not even a TimeMachine backup?

Motherboard
Intel
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Not that I know of and to make matters worse it's not even my machine :oops:
The drive and everything is fine besides I got looked out and now I only see the spinning rainbow wheel.
I read some article in the web about the archive and install procedure but maybe there is a different way to just replace the files which where overwritten by by bridgehelper with the correct ones?!

Motherboard
Z68X-UD4-B3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
XFX 6870 Dual Fan
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Not that I know of and to make matters worse it's not even my machine
You're not screwed. You're *royally* screwed.

Last ditch effort, you can try booting from the original 10.5 DVD, or download an Apple 10.5 update and rerun it. -- no guarantees.

neilhart

Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming - ITX/ac
CPU
i7-7700T
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
homers said:
Hey coming from windows world I might had clicked one time to much.
When being prompted to install BridgeHelper 5.0 I just clicked continue thinking that after the installation I start the BridgeHelper application and point it do my USB drive.
But I guess I'm wrong and the actual installation should point to the USB drive :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Do I need to undo something since I hit the install for BridgeHelper 5.0 when pointing to the MacHD instead of the USB drive?

Before you do anything you should save the current system off to an external drive. The external drive should be formatted HPFS (if not you need to do that first). Then use Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper! to clone the internal drive to the external drive. This saves the owners data.

How best to recover can be discussed. You should step back and think things through. The best advice can be totally wrong if all of the facts are not known. After you have made the backup to the external drive you are in a much better position to try things.

neil

Motherboard
Intel
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Ok so my next steps are

1) getting a external drive
2) Boot with 10.5 install CD go do disk utility and format the external drive to HPFS
3) Backup the iMac drive using one of the mentioned tools
3a) I guess CarbonCopy or SuperDuper are bootable applications/cd which don't need a working MacOS, right?

Motherboard
GA-DS3U-Z77
CPU
i5 Sandy Bridge
Graphics
Craptastic Nvidia 200 or something
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I am a complete n00b and while I targeted my USB the first time, I was having problems with my build and not paying attention and did this the 2nd time I was trying to re-install everything on the USB.

I haven't rebooted yet, but yeah - it might be a good idea to put a giant WARNING in the installer process.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.