Contribute
Register

Bridge Helper mistake -- or I'm an idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HackPro 3,1
CPU
Core i5 3.1GHz
Graphics
Radeon 6850 1Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So I needed to install BridgeHelper on my USB key and totally screwed up installing it on to my iMac instead. I've searched a bit and found this isn't a real smart thing to do, however many of those threads referenced older versions of OS X. I'm running 10.7.4, is it possible that BH won't do anything to the iMac? I havent restarted yet since and I unplugged my Time Machine drive under the thought that I don't want TM to backup a bad config incase I need to restore.

Suggestions? Hell just point and laugh if you want, I did.

You did not change the install location before applying BH 5.0? Tsk tsk!

You have to reinstall OS X iMac all over.

jester969 said:
You did not change the install location before applying BH 5.0? Tsk tsk!

You have to reinstall OS X iMac all over.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Well I'm typing this from my IvyHack which is up and running 100% no issues, would it be an issue using Migration Assistant and my TM disk to import everything over to the Hack at this point? BridgeHelper won't screw that data up will it?

It should not be an issue. Just migrate what apps and docs you need.

Ok migrated everything over to the IvyHack, backed up what I needed on the iMac and rebooted... Came back up just fine! So that's a bonus, I wonder if whatever BridgeHelper installs isn't already included in 10.7.4? Either I got very lucky or?

The iMac still works as usual or did you re-install?

jester969 said:
The iMac still works as usual or did you re-install?

Works as usual, which surprised me quite a bit. Once I migrated over what I needed I gambled and rebooted the iMac and it came up and is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back