Contribute
Register

BrcmPatchRAM - Upload firmware into Broadcom Bluetooth USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have an DELL XPS 13-9333 with a Broadcom BCM94352Z wifi/BT chip. I applied these patches when they where released in this thread. It enabled my Bluetooth. But my problem is, it almost always "dies" after a sleep/wake.

Any ideas? One thing that I noticed was that it looks like I have two kexts in S/L/E. Is that correct?

drwxr-xr-x@3 root wheel 102 Dec 8 14:58 BrcmNonApple.kext
drwxr-xr-x@3 root wheel 102 Dec 14 18:29 BrcmPatchRAM.kext

/DS

Hi,

I have an DELL XPS 13-9333 with a Broadcom BCM94352Z wifi/BT chip. I applied these patches when they where released in this thread. It enabled my Bluetooth. But my problem is, it almost always "dies" after a sleep/wake.

Any ideas? One thing that I noticed was that it looks like I have two kexts in S/L/E. Is that correct?

drwxr-xr-x@3 root wheel 102 Dec 8 14:58 BrcmNonApple.kext
drwxr-xr-x@3 root wheel 102 Dec 14 18:29 BrcmPatchRAM.kext

/DS

Hi mate, sorry, can you explain me 1 or 2 step for applying a patch, i have all necessary, but i don t understand nothing, command not found for the scripts, and when i put the second script in terminal whay i need to do? Many thanks

=l ouch... only installed the kext? I'm so unlucky, i have Rampage V X99 with integrated WIFI/BT combo not recognized from Yosemite 10.10.1

Sometimes you have to help the luck on it's way. I replaced my internal wifi/BT card (Intel 7260 or something) with a broadcom BCM94352Z. Quite expensive given the NGFF form factor. But totally worth it :-D

Your device is a RAMUSB device, by itself is has no updated firmware. Using BrcmPatchRam you can upload the latest firmware allowing you to use the Bluetooth like it is working in Windows.

Okay - I get that. So I install the kext and then what? Since my chip is supported, it will auto find the best firmware and apply it?

I would take the plunge myself and just install it, but I do not want to just throw it in the folder and then be left without a booting system.

Okay - I get that. So I install the kext and then what? Since my chip is supported, it will auto find the best firmware and apply it?

I would take the plunge myself and just install it, but I do not want to just throw it in the folder and then be left without a booting system.

Okay, so I went ahead and installed this since I saw my device ID was on the supported list in v2. However, I still cannot pair my phone. My phone is listed in my bluetooth preferences because I was able to pair it with a third party USB, but I want to get it to work with just the wifi/BT card.

What am I missing?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 6.29.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 6.29.43 PM.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 273
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back