Contribute
Register

BrcmPatchRAM - Upload firmware into Broadcom Bluetooth USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toleda,

Sure no problem.

Additionally feel free to modify the title of this thread to something more understandable for newer users.

I will update your testing results on the thread.

Updated to version v0.5 and added 2 new test results reported through GitHub.

So let me get this straight. This is for making bluetooth work better? With JUST the BCM4352 kext, it shows bluetooth as enabled on my Mac, but I cannot pair my phone.

If I have a working Azurewave CE-123H (via the BCM4352 kext) and put this kext in via clover, literally just download and drop in my 10.10 kexts folder, what do I gain?

Quick question - Does this kext upload firmware to BT chipset on every boot-up or on every sleep / wake? Or both? I hope. ;)

Cheers!

So let me get this straight. This is for making bluetooth work better? With JUST the BCM4352 kext, it shows bluetooth as enabled on my Mac, but I cannot pair my phone.

If I have a working Azurewave CE-123H (via the BCM4352 kext) and put this kext in via clover, literally just download and drop in my 10.10 kexts folder, what do I gain?

Your device is a RAMUSB device, by itself is has no updated firmware. Using BrcmPatchRam you can upload the latest firmware allowing you to use the Bluetooth like it is working in Windows.

Is this a way to get handoff on hackintosh?

If you've got a Broadcom Bluetooth device which needs firmware (most of them do!), then you need this.
Once Bluetooth is working install the Continuity patch from the sticky thread in this forum.

Quick question - Does this kext upload firmware to BT chipset on every boot-up or on every sleep / wake? Or both? I hope. ;)

Cheers!

It validates every boot or wake up if the firmware needs updating and does the update if required, so both startup and wake.

shall i do this to my BCM20702 BT 4.0 DUAL MODE DONGLE ?

If your Bluetooth is not working, and it's a Broadcom patch ram device, then yes, most certainly use it.
It will fully enable Bluetooth on your hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back