Contribute
Register

BrcmPatchRAM - Upload firmware into Broadcom Bluetooth USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations, looks like your bluetooth is working.

For Continuity see the other thread on the forum, or simply apply the clover kext patch if you are running Clover

By the way I forgot thank you for your help.

Gordo,

Try and remove Toleda's kext to see if it conflicts? Ideally only 1 kext should match at any given time.

Check if it gets to the start event if you do that.

If I do that, I won't have wifi then though.....

Gordo,

Yes, but we are talking about testing what the problem is.

Once we determine if there is actually a "clash" between both I am sure a solution can be found to make both work at the same time.

Congratulations, looks like your bluetooth is working.

For Continuity see the other thread on the forum, or simply apply the clover kext patch if you are running Clover

Could you please tell me which clover kext patch did you mention? I looking other thread but Im totally confused.

Gordo,

Yes, but we are talking about testing what the problem is.

Once we determine if there is actually a "clash" between both I am sure a solution can be found to make both work at the same time.

Okay - that seemed to be it. When I removed bcm4352 and rebooted, it loaded the firmware correctly (v14 5575). Then I put the bcm4352 back in to get Wifi back.... I rebooted and the firmware is loaded correctly it seems (alongside bcm4352 for wifi), so I call this resolved for now. There seemed to be a clash, but it just needed the PatchRAM kext first.

**EDIT** After reinstalling the release version, it is back to 4096... however Continuity is still working... so I'm not sure how it is working?

If nothing is showing in the system profiler that means BrmNonApple.kext (In the plugins folder of BrcmPatchRAM.kext) is not loading.

BrcmNonApple.kext has BrcmPatchRAM.kext as a loading requirement though.

Even though firmware upload might not succeeed, BrcmNonApple.kext will make your Bluetooth appear in OS X (mostly firmware version v4096).

With firmware version v4096, most basic bluetooth functionality will work, but will generally be very buggy (for example no pairing).

If nothing is showing in the system profiler that means BrmNonApple.kext (In the plugins folder of BrcmPatchRAM.kext) is not loading.

BrcmNonApple.kext has BrcmPatchRAM.kext as a loading requirement though.

Even though firmware upload might not succeeed, BrcmNonApple.kext will make your Bluetooth appear in OS X (mostly firmware version v4096).

With firmware version v4096, most basic bluetooth functionality will work, but will generally be very buggy (for example no pairing).

Okay - understood, however now I have nothing in the system profiler under Bluetooth, nada. Zip. I'm gonna work around playing with caches tonight and see if I can get anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back