Contribute
Register

BrcmPatchRAM - Upload firmware into Broadcom Bluetooth USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like an incompatible (with OS X) hardware/firmware...

By helping me rule out the firmware it got me thinking more about a process of elimination on the other steps in the NUC guide. I reinstalled OS X and then added the bluetooth patches first and it worked. I then started on the NUC guide, but in reverse order and backing up the clover config and rebooting between each edit, finally stopping before the SMBIOS config. Seems to be something specific with the NUC hardware and using the MacPro 3,1 profile. Still tweaking and troubleshooting it but know more about the issue and what I need to pay attention to. Thanks for giving me ideas to keep the ball rolling.

By helping me rule out the firmware it got me thinking more about a process of elimination on the other steps in the NUC guide. I reinstalled OS X and then added the bluetooth patches first and it worked. I then started on the NUC guide, but in reverse order and backing up the clover config and rebooting between each edit, finally stopping before the SMBIOS config. Seems to be something specific with the NUC hardware and using the MacPro 3,1 profile. Still tweaking and troubleshooting it but know more about the issue and what I need to pay attention to. Thanks for giving me ideas to keep the ball rolling.

Hmm... no NUC in your profile/signature.

Hmm... no NUC in your profile/signature.

You're right, I'll add it. I had just included it in the initial post with links to the guides and stuff. Again, thanks for the help man.

FYI: The idea is to disable HSxx and SSxx ports that are not being used. Disabling all SSxx ports will disable USB3 speeds on your USB3 ports.

I didn't realize this. But in the end I excluded the ports one by one anyway:

Reducing the number of USB-Ports worked only for a couple of cold boots until the error message:

Code:
Jun 25 12:29:41 Magnus-Desktop kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM2: [13d3:3404]: USB [80A58916B6C3 v274] "BCM20702A0" by "Broadcom Corp"
Jun 25 12:29:46 Magnus-Desktop kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM2: [13d3:3404]: Not responding - Delaying next read.
Jun 25 12:29:46 Magnus-Desktop kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM2: [13d3:3404]: device request failed ("0xe00002ed (UNDEFINED)" 0xe00002ed).
Jun 25 12:29:46 Magnus-Desktop kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM2: [13d3:3404]: continuousRead - Failed to queue read (0xe00002d8)
Jun 25 12:30:22 Magnus-Desktop com.apple.kextcache[457]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

was back. I experienced the same issue when I was testing the patch in EFI / Clover / kext (I know... ;))

What ultimately solved the problem was a BIOS-Update.
So if anybody is using the patch on a build with an ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac consider updating. I am running version 2.1 (updated from 1.5).

Once again: Great job and amazing support.

Guys:

did this NGFF (M.2) Broadcom BCM4356 card get a working solution for BT (and/or) Wifi - i have one in my Lenovo T460 and trying figure out if i should get a different card?

BCM4356:
BT id: BCM2045A0 - vendor/prod: 05ac:640e
wifi: vendor/prod: 14e4:43ec

thanks

Guys:

did this NGFF (M.2) Broadcom BCM4356 card get a working solution for BT (and/or) Wifi - i have one in my Lenovo T460 and trying figure out if i should get a different card?

BCM4356:
BT id: BCM2045A0 - vendor/prod: 05ac:640e
wifi: vendor/prod: 14e4:43ec

thanks

Neither is supported AFAIK.

Hi,

I am a newbie to the Hackintosh business. Sort of messed up my system by installing this kext. And I cannot locate it in S/L/E. Tried unloading it with KextWizard, but ultimately the Bluetooth firmware is stuck at 6.4096. Previously I was able to use my IOGear Bluetooth dongle but that has also become useless now. Is there a remedy for this?

I guess my manufacturer was intel and I have screwed things over.

My laptop is Pavilion x360 Skylake.
i3 4GB RAM 1TB

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 177
Hi,

I am a newbie to the Hackintosh business. Sort of messed up my system by installing this kext. And I cannot locate it in S/L/E. Tried unloading it with KextWizard, but ultimately the Bluetooth firmware is stuck at 6.4096. Previously I was able to use my IOGear Bluetooth dongle but that has also become useless now. Is there a remedy for this?

I guess my manufacturer was intel and I have screwed things over.

My laptop is Pavilion x360 Skylake.
i3 4GB RAM 1TB

Firmware at v4096 indicates firmware is not loading. Which means BrcmPatchRAM kexts are not installed correctly.

Correct installation procedures are covered in the README.

Hey,

I just want to go back to using IO Gear dongle, coz I don't think my knowhow is enough to fix this. Preparing for a reinstall, since nothing I have done to revert has worked so far :(

Anyhow my vendor ID is Intel, so I was wrong from the first step itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back