Contribute
Register

BrcmPatchRAM - Upload firmware into Broadcom Bluetooth USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks again. Saw your post and thought I'd give it a try. Previously I've been battling with my mini-pcie Brcm943602CD card and having no joy with handoff, so thought I'd swap back to separate entities and see if I could move any closer.

No, there's no Android File Transfer on system.

My BT dongle is on a USB 2.0 port is the only thing I can think of. The one next to keyboard and PS/2 etc.

Maybe the USB problem you mention is a quirk of my particular board. Or it did occur to me that perhaps Belkin used a fixed firmware.

Let's see your setup...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

You can leave it as hex. BrcmPatchRAM can deal with either.

You will need to change the Info.plist to point to your new file for your device...
Thanks, finally after some plugs and unplugs of the card its working, so at this moment i leave with the firmware provided in the repo. If i see anything wrong in the future i update the firmware.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks, finally after some plugs and unplugs of the card its working, so at this moment i leave with the firmware provided in the repo. If i see anything wrong in the future i update the firmware.

Thanks for the help.

The current kext has newest firmware used by the latest drivers for Win10...

The only experimentation that could be done would be to load firmwares for other devices... (you assume all risk).

Let's see your setup...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Good morning @RehabMan

Thanks again. OK, here are the attachments - hopefully as needed.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 90
  • Output.zip
    765.6 KB · Views: 74
Your ioreg and kextcache output show BrcmPatchRAM kexts are not installed.

Ah, sorry. My bad. I'd removed them again because they'd made no difference.

Will re-install later and try again. Apologies and thanks.

Your ioreg and kextcache output show BrcmPatchRAM kexts are not installed.

Hi again @RehabMan Thanks for your patience.

Attached the outputs again with Brcm* kexts installed. They were installed using KextBeast in S/L/E.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Output2.zip
    773 KB · Views: 81
Hi again @RehabMan Thanks for your patience.

Attached the outputs again with Brcm* kexts installed. They were installed using KextBeast in S/L/E.

Thanks again.

Did you check system.log to see if firmware is successfully loaded to the device?
Did you check System Information->USB to see if the firmware version matches the version used by Windows?

According to ioreg, you should be seeing the BrcmPatchRAM provided name "Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Device"

Did you check system.log to see if firmware is successfully loaded to the device?
Did you check System Information->USB to see if the firmware version matches the version used by Windows?

According to ioreg, you should be seeing the BrcmPatchRAM provided name "Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Device"

Hi @RehabMan

Yes, I checked Sys Prefs but still holding as V14 c4096 firmware.

Same error in System log. I have attached a screenshot of the part since I rebooted with kexts in place.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Output3.zip
    381.2 KB · Views: 81
Hi @RehabMan

Yes, I checked Sys Prefs but still holding as V14 c4096 firmware.

Same error in System log. I have attached a screenshot of the part since I rebooted with kexts in place.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the log. That helps. There is a build snafu in the process of updating the firmware.

I have put a new version on bitbucket (2.2.5.1). It may take a while to appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back