GA-P55A-UD3
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-860 CPU @ 2.8GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti G1 Gaming 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I have gotten my card to work using IO80211Family.kext from Yosemite 10.10.5, but even with CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67 I still get Kernel Panic from using this kext.

With the stock Sierra kext, the card and capabilities are recognized, clover patches in place to make it think it is a AirPort Extreme, however the wifi try icon is hollow and when 'Turn On' is clicked, nothing changes.

Since this card worked perfectly fine in Yosemite, I used the kext in Sierra and it works great there as well, but also causes problems, I am able to boot and use the card with verbose and don't reboot on panic checked, and in System Integrity Protection tab of clover checking Disable base system integrity check.

I would like help finding the differences between the kext files and creating a clover kext patch, guidance would be great so I can solve this myself. Researching this topic seems generally for video cards and naming, I want to find the root cause of why it does not want to turn on using the Sierra kext or at very least get the Yosemite kext to stop causing a panic.

Maybe an easier solution would be to use the kext injection and inject the bcm4360 kext that is within the IO80211Family.kext.

I have tried to inject the IO80211Family.kext through clover in the past with no success of the system using the kext at all, but I did remove the original first, perhaps there is a solution to the whole thing in that area of thought, but leave the original kext in place?

any progress or system information can be found in my signature, click the link and it will take you to the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back