CPU
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 950
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I went ahead and purchased the below list of item yesterday. I haven't started trying to install MAC OS yet, but i have time to decide if i want to keep or return any of this.

Questions:
  • Are there any better motherboards out there, particularly for MAC OS?
  • CPU Cooler - are any other/better models out there that are compatible with MAC OS?
Parts List:
  • Gigabyte X99-Designare EX
  • Corsair H100i V2
  • NVIDIA Geforce GTX 950
  • Crucial 32GB DDR4 2400
  • Kingston 240GB PCIE
  • Transend SSD 128GB SATA3
  • Corsair CX750

With the caveat that there are no X99 boards supported by OS X, that one is as good as any other. Just make sure the RAM you choose is on the boards supported memory list.
Otherwise you list looks good. Wish I could talk myself into getting that setup :thumbup:

Hello,

I went ahead and purchased the below list of item yesterday. I haven't started trying to install MAC OS yet, but i have time to decide if i want to keep or return any of this.

Questions:
  • Are there any better motherboards out there, particularly for MAC OS?
  • CPU Cooler - are any other/better models out there that are compatible with MAC OS?
Parts List:
  • Gigabyte X99-Designare EX
  • Corsair H100i V2
  • NVIDIA Geforce GTX 950
  • Crucial 32GB DDR4 2400
  • Kingston 240GB PCIE
  • Transend SSD 128GB SATA3
  • Corsair CX750
I have an ASUS X99Deluxe II that is up and running on the 6950X. I was guided by the following -http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/313296-guide-mac-osx-1012-with-x99-broadwell-e-family-and-haswell-e-family/

There is of course quite a bit of advice on this board which is a good place to start...hope this helps. The extra effort required on an X99 board makes for a fast machine!

I can't follow that description! Reading it highlights there may be a language barrier. Would you mind posting you clover file?

thank you all for the input. after a bit of tinkering, i got mac os x installed and working, as well as overclocking. still having trouble with stability if i turn XMP on though. I am also running MAC OS X on a new NVME M.2 Samsung 960 PRO and it screams (nearly 3000MBS Read speeds):

Attachments

• Hackintosh.jpg
    Hackintosh.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 119
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back