Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
As they say so close but so far;

Tried high sierra; but chopped right away.
Was thrilled like a little girl when the install of Mojave was actually getting me to the install screen. Was able to format the drive and start the install. Nails biting moment. Well; the OSX gods (demons of hell) ripped my heart out on the last reboot before the final install from Unibeast 9.0.0 with 'gIOScreenLockState'. What the hell is this, bastard. Heart sank like a boy who got a popcorn ball at Halloween. If anyone has some thoughts for this schoolboy; thanks

CPU : Intel Core i7 7700 @ 3.60GHz
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0D4VY1 (U3E1)
RAM: 32GB (Dell Installed)
Graphics: XPS 7760 (3840x2160@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 630
8192MB ATI Radeon RX 570

copy of my config and kext

Attachments

• IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 148
  • config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Image 20181008 221105.jpg
    Image 20181008 221105.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Image 20181008 220933.jpg
    Image 20181008 220933.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Image 20181008 220748.jpg
    Image 20181008 220748.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 112
I'm by no means an expert but let me offer a potential explanation of what might be going on based on what that same error meant for me in my install of Mojave on a Desktop with discrete Gfx (AMD).

My hypothesis is that what you are seeing is related to the integrated graphics output of the system and if you could somehow force it to route through the discrete graphics pipeline you might be good. I'm not sure if that is possible given that this is an AIO though....

By way of background on why I think this...My build is an Intel HD3000 board with AMD discrete graphics. I have a single monitor hooked up to both the integrated graphics output via VGA and then DisplayPort from the Graphics card. When I am doing new installs/update I need to boot with the monitor on the VGA input from the integrated graphics to be able to see the BIOS, Clover bootloader screens, and the verbose text. As I was installing Mojave my system seemed to keep hanging at the same line as yours "gIOScreenLockState..." I thought I was stuck until it hit me to toggle the monitor input to the Display Port feed and see if that was doing anything.... I was happy to see that it was displaying the full desktop and is functioning perfectly.

So, my guess is that the integrated graphics is what needs to be resolved. Good luck!
Dave

As they say so close but so far;

Tried high sierra; but chopped right away.
Was thrilled like a little girl when the install of Mojave was actually getting me to the install screen. Was able to format the drive and start the install. Nails biting moment. Well; the OSX gods (demons of hell) ripped my heart out on the last reboot before the final install from Unibeast 9.0.0 with 'gIOScreenLockState'. What the hell is this, bastard. Heart sank like a boy who got a popcorn ball at Halloween. If anyone has some thoughts for this schoolboy; thanks

CPU : Intel Core i7 7700 @ 3.60GHz
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0D4VY1 (U3E1)
RAM: 32GB (Dell Installed)
Graphics: XPS 7760 (3840x2160@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 630
8192MB ATI Radeon RX 570

copy of my config and kext

SUCCESS! PolishZ3 - your post got me curious to see if I could install on my XPS 27 and using your config.plist and info as a baseline, I was able to successfully install and boot into Mojave tonight!

I made a few other changes after your settings, but I think the key is that you need to go into the Dell BIOS and set the system to "Disable Switchable Graphics." This forces the PC to use discrete graphics and so it doesn't get tripped up with the Intel graphics stuff.

I also set my system definition to iMac18,3 in the SMBIOS and made sure that ig-platform-id was the one for iMac18,2/18,3.

Out of the box it looks like we still need to get audio and wireless working, but I usually just use a USB WiFi dongle and external audio anyway so that isn't too big of a deal.

Let me know if you need any other pointers. Thanks for kick-starting this!
Dave

I'm by no means an expert but let me offer a potential explanation of what might be going on based on what that same error meant for me in my install of Mojave on a Desktop with discrete Gfx (AMD).

My hypothesis is that what you are seeing is related to the integrated graphics output of the system and if you could somehow force it to route through the discrete graphics pipeline you might be good. I'm not sure if that is possible given that this is an AIO though....

By way of background on why I think this...My build is an Intel HD3000 board with AMD discrete graphics. I have a single monitor hooked up to both the integrated graphics output via VGA and then DisplayPort from the Graphics card. When I am doing new installs/update I need to boot with the monitor on the VGA input from the integrated graphics to be able to see the BIOS, Clover bootloader screens, and the verbose text. As I was installing Mojave my system seemed to keep hanging at the same line as yours "gIOScreenLockState..." I thought I was stuck until it hit me to toggle the monitor input to the Display Port feed and see if that was doing anything.... I was happy to see that it was displaying the full desktop and is functioning perfectly.

So, my guess is that the integrated graphics is what needs to be resolved. Good luck!
Dave

hej Guys,
tied to installed on my Dell 7760 some time ago, and gave up...
now after reading some post of success with the 7760 I have once again spent some evenings trying to install on it, but never get to the installer.
with verbose logging turned on in clover I can see "still waiting for root device" and the "stop sign".
have disabled the bios settings that I think would impact, like the "Disable Switchable Graphics"
could any of you guys that have got it up and running please share your clover options? I have tried most of them, but obviously not the right ones....
I have a NvME disk on M.2 in case it matters...
thanks!

hej Guys,
tied to installed on my Dell 7760 some time ago, and gave up...
now after reading some post of success with the 7760 I have once again spent some evenings trying to install on it, but never get to the installer.
with verbose logging turned on in clover I can see "still waiting for root device" and the "stop sign".
have disabled the bios settings that I think would impact, like the "Disable Switchable Graphics"
could any of you guys that have got it up and running please share your clover options? I have tried most of them, but obviously not the right ones....
I have a NvME disk on M.2 in case it matters...
thanks!
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back