ASUS R9 270
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone.

I would like to say I'm extremely sorry to keep posting but I am really excited about this hackintosh stuff.
It feels amazing to run a Yosemite on my PC. However I would ideally love to have a Windows 7 next to it, as a dual boot.

I started off by following some YouTube videoguide but failed miserably. After doing a ton of research I started to get a hang of it. Now all this Disk Partitioning and stuff is EZ PZ. I started to follow THIS guide.
I did everything exactly as the 2nd guide below '' Installing Win8 and Mountain Lion on the same HDD '' I was told this method works for Win7 & Yosemite combo too.

I booted OS X installer with UniBeast and went to Disk Utility. I divided my 250 GB Samsung EVO 840 SSD into 2 Partitions. As the guide told me, make the 1st Partition Win7 based (MS-DOS [FAT]) and 2nd Partition Mac OS Extended (Journaled). I did that. I also wanted to have 1 TB per OS from my 2TB HDD so I divided that into 2 Partitions just like I did for the SSD.

After that, guide tells you to proceed with installation of Windows 7. I install Windows 7 without a problem into my 120GB SSD Partition and in Windows, I create a new Partition from the 1 TB as a Storage drive. After installing motherboard drivers and NVIDIA drivers I shut down. Boot from the UniBeast USB and start the installation of OSX Yosemite.

Everything runs smoothly with my appropriate boot flags. I once get an error whilst installing about some package. I can't remember, but after booting again with -v in the end of my bootflags (nv_disable=1 maxmem=4096 -v). I end up installing OS X Yosemite just fine. I install MultiBeast stuff appropriated to my Z97P-D3 and whatnot. I still don't know what EXACTLY to pick but after research I was confident to pick what I did. I did include Bootloader Chimera in it because I went by the guide.

Then I restart into OSX Yosemite again, to check if everything is fine. Audio works from front panel of my case. Only thing that didn't come with MultiBeast was Trim Enabler?

So now to the real problem.

After using Yosemite and setting it up for a while (because I already had set up default Windows 7.) I wanted to test Bootloader. I take off the UniBeast USB and start my computer. IT WORKS! I get into the Bootloader with 3 different icons.

1. Windows NTFS (I assume this is the Windows 7)
2. OSX (Yosemite)
3. Windows 32FAT (What the heck is this?)

Well time for testing. I wanted to test Yosemite first, I don't know why. It works. Check.
I boot again,
here comes the issue. I press the first (1.) icon, Windows NTFS. Only message I get is BOOTMGR MISSING PRESS CTR ALT DEL TO RESTART.

I try Windows 32FAT if it would be it. I get a black/grey flickering screen straight out of a horror movie with a _ flicking in the left upper corner.

My Yosemite still works just fine. What has happened to my Windows? I still prompt. I followed the guide IMHO 99% correctly with every BIOS setting to Partitioning.
:banghead:

Hello everyone.

I would like to say I'm extremely sorry to keep posting but I am really excited about this hackintosh stuff.
It feels amazing to run a Yosemite on my PC. However I would ideally love to have a Windows 7 next to it, as a dual boot.

I started off by following some YouTube videoguide but failed miserably. After doing a ton of research I started to get a hang of it. Now all this Disk Partitioning and stuff is EZ PZ. I started to follow THIS guide.
I did everything exactly as the 2nd guide below '' Installing Win8 and Mountain Lion on the same HDD '' I was told this method works for Win7 & Yosemite combo too.

I booted OS X installer with UniBeast and went to Disk Utility. I divided my 250 GB Samsung EVO 840 SSD into 2 Partitions. As the guide told me, make the 1st Partition Win7 based (MS-DOS [FAT]) and 2nd Partition Mac OS Extended (Journaled). I did that. I also wanted to have 1 TB per OS from my 2TB HDD so I divided that into 2 Partitions just like I did for the SSD.

After that, guide tells you to proceed with installation of Windows 7. I install Windows 7 without a problem into my 120GB SSD Partition and in Windows, I create a new Partition from the 1 TB as a Storage drive. After installing motherboard drivers and NVIDIA drivers I shut down. Boot from the UniBeast USB and start the installation of OSX Yosemite.

Everything runs smoothly with my appropriate boot flags. I once get an error whilst installing about some package. I can't remember, but after booting again with -v in the end of my bootflags (nv_disable=1 maxmem=4096 -v). I end up installing OS X Yosemite just fine. I install MultiBeast stuff appropriated to my Z97P-D3 and whatnot. I still don't know what EXACTLY to pick but after research I was confident to pick what I did. I did include Bootloader Chimera in it because I went by the guide.

Then I restart into OSX Yosemite again, to check if everything is fine. Audio works from front panel of my case. Only thing that didn't come with MultiBeast was Trim Enabler?

So now to the real problem.

After using Yosemite and setting it up for a while (because I already had set up default Windows 7.) I wanted to test Bootloader. I take off the UniBeast USB and start my computer. IT WORKS! I get into the Bootloader with 3 different icons.

1. Windows NTFS (I assume this is the Windows 7)
2. OSX (Yosemite)
3. Windows 32FAT (What the heck is this?)

Well time for testing. I wanted to test Yosemite first, I don't know why. It works. Check.
I boot again,
here comes the issue. I press the first (1.) icon, Windows NTFS. Only message I get is BOOTMGR MISSING PRESS CTR ALT DEL TO RESTART.

I try Windows 32FAT if it would be it. I get a black/grey flickering screen straight out of a horror movie with a _ flicking in the left upper corner.

My Yosemite still works just fine. What has happened to my Windows? I still prompt. I followed the guide IMHO 99% correctly with every BIOS setting to Partitioning.
:banghead:
Your Windows 7 did not install correctly. Boot to OS X, erase partition MSDOS FAT title Win7
put the Win7 install media in and shutdown. (note I say shutdown - not reboot)
start up and hit hot key to select boot device - select the NON_UEFI windows installation media.
Hit enter to boot.
At the Windows install screen, select the partition to install on, click advanced, click format, click continue and install.

You will need to boot with your UniBeast USB and reinstall Chimera when you are finished with Windows.

Quick question, what is the NON-UEFI Installation media? I had 3 options. My HDD, my SSD and my DVD ROM. Not a single drive said UEFI: <title> this time. Last time it did .... which is weird.

Well I chose the DVD Drive as the boot option after doing the Disk Utility erasing into MS DOS FAT and naming the partition into WIN7.

I then went to installation, selected that 120GB disk named WIN7. Advanced, format. Install.

I am now installing Win7. After installation I'll install GIGABYTE drivers and NVIDIA drivers and after that stick my UniBeast USB in again and go to OSX and install _ONLY_ Bootloader Chimera?

Or should I put Bootloader Chimera, Instant Menu? And is there something else.

edit: on the guide it said to install win7 first not to mess up something win7 might override...?
should this really work and not to override any yosemite files?

edit2: THANKS GOING BALD! I now booted into Bootloader, Windows 7 Booted fine and OS X booted fine. I will be posting errors in here if it's ok afterwards.

Quick question, what is the NON-UEFI Installation media? I had 3 options. My HDD, my SSD and my DVD ROM. Not a single drive said UEFI: <title> this time. Last time it did .... which is weird.

Well I chose the DVD Drive as the boot option after doing the Disk Utility erasing into MS DOS FAT and naming the partition into WIN7.

I then went to installation, selected that 120GB disk named WIN7. Advanced, format. Install.

I am now installing Win7. After installation I'll install GIGABYTE drivers and NVIDIA drivers and after that stick my UniBeast USB in again and go to OSX and install _ONLY_ Bootloader Chimera?

Or should I put Bootloader Chimera, Instant Menu? And is there something else.

edit: on the guide it said to install win7 first not to mess up something win7 might override...?
should this really work and not to override any yosemite files?

edit2: THANKS GOING BALD! I now booted into Bootloader, Windows 7 Booted fine and OS X booted fine. I will be posting errors in here if it's ok afterwards.
If you install Windows first, you do not have to install Chimera twice.
If you install OS X first and get it working/booting from HDD and then install Windows, the boot file is over-written by the Windows installer and you have to boot with the UniBeast USB and install Chimera again. Extra effort for no return IMHO.

Hello Going Bald,

I found your instructions to correct the issues posted here, as I have the same boot manager missing error issue as wilkmn. (I now have Yosemite and Windows 7 installed on a new SSD)

However, I can't seem to get Chimera reinstalled properly.

Here are my steps -
After I reinstall Windows > boot from Unibeast USB (into Yosemite?) then I run the Chimera installer (I've tried from both the USB and from desktop).

When I start up without USB, I get no Chimera and boot directly into Windows (no other options).
When I start up with USB, I get Chimera and boot fine into Yosemite, but continue to get the boot manager missing error when I select Windows.

I must be missing a step. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello Going Bald,

I found your instructions to correct the issues posted here, as I have the same boot manager missing error issue as wilkmn. (I now have Yosemite and Windows 7 installed on a new SSD)

However, I can't seem to get Chimera reinstalled properly.

Here are my steps -
After I reinstall Windows > boot from Unibeast USB (into Yosemite?) then I run the Chimera installer (I've tried from both the USB and from desktop).

When I start up without USB, I get no Chimera and boot directly into Windows (no other options).
When I start up with USB, I get Chimera and boot fine into Yosemite, but continue to get the boot manager missing error when I select Windows.

I must be missing a step. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

OK, basic steps:
Format/partition drive with OS X disk utility.
Boot Windows install media and install on MSDOS FAT partition. Install board chip drivers.
Update Windows until there are no more updates and install security/AV suite if desired. Eject install media, shut down
Boot OS X install media, install OS X on the HFS+J partition.
Run MultiBeast to install boot loader, network and audio kexts. Eject install media, reboot.
You should see 2 icons at the Chimera boot screen - one for OS X and one for Windows.

OK, basic steps:
Format/partition drive with OS X disk utility.
Boot Windows install media and install on MSDOS FAT partition. Install board chip drivers.
Update Windows until there are no more updates and install security/AV suite if desired. Eject install media, shut down
Boot OS X install media, install OS X on the HFS+J partition.
Run MultiBeast to install boot loader, network and audio kexts. Eject install media, reboot.
You should see 2 icons at the Chimera boot screen - one for OS X and one for Windows.

Hello GB, I followed your guide, unfortunately even with Graphics enabler=Yes, and other flags for my mobo I was unable to get past the set up screen.

However, as I am trying to migrate a complete dual boot OS X and Windows 7 system from an existing HD to a new SSD, I did this:
formatted the SSD (through my OS X on the HD),
installed Win7 (from disc),
CC Cloned OS X (from the HD OS X to the SSD),
booted into OS X from flash drive and installed Chimera,
finally, copied Win7 image (using recovery disc) onto SSD Windows partition

Everything works fine. I have both OS systems and programs operating as before... except...
1. I must boot from the flash drive, and
2. when I select Windows I get two windows boot options (I select the second) and then I'm in.

Do you have any ideas as to a fix for these?Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello GB, I followed your guide, unfortunately even with Graphics enabler=Yes, and other flags for my mobo I was unable to get past the set up screen.

However, as I am trying to migrate a complete dual boot OS X and Windows 7 system from an existing HD to a new SSD, I did this:
formatted the SSD (through my OS X on the HD),
installed Win7 (from disc),
CC Cloned OS X (from the HD OS X to the SSD),
booted into OS X from flash drive and installed Chimera,
finally, copied Win7 image (using recovery disc) onto SSD Windows partition

Everything works fine. I have both OS systems and programs operating as before... except...
1. I must boot from the flash drive, and
2. when I select Windows I get two windows boot options (I select the second) and then I'm in.

Do you have any ideas as to a fix for these?Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thx!
Which do you use most often - OS X or Windows? For best results, put most used OS on the SSD, leave the other on the HDD. Windows installs differently on a SSD than a HDD. Best is to install it clean.
For the 2 Win icons - did you remove/reformat the HDD? There is probably your other Windows icon.
For the boot issue, reinstall Chimera boot loader. If still no boot from SSD, apply fix from http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/65706-boot0-error-official-guide.html to install Chimera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back