Contribute
Register

Bootloop while updating to 10.13.2 (LILU 1.2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having the same issue, but I was able to find a random hack which will allow you to boot to the system GUI.
  • In clover select the drive you want to boot
  • Press SPACEBAR
  • Select verbose mode -v
  • Disable NVidia graphics driver nv_disable=1
  • Enable single user mode -s
  • Wait until the system boot to the shell prompt (you will see the whole boot sequence printing on screen debug log)
  • Press CTRL+D => this should end logout the root user
  • Wait a little (again you will see the whole boot sequence log)
  • Your system should boot into the GUI, where you can login without the GPU acceleration.
At least this work for me. If this help, can you please let me know if the Lilu kext did the job? And provide a step by step guide how you resolve this? I am not sure if I have to only change the Lilu in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder or also somewhere else.

Thank you in advance

Thanks for this, this worked for me too. I was able to boot in without graphics gpu and installed Lilu and Fake SMC.kext.

I added Lilu.kext, NVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into
  • /System/Library/Extensions/
  • /Library/Extensions/
directories on the MacOS System Partition.

And Lilu.kext, NVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, FakeSMC.kext into
  • /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
directory on the EFI partition.

This resolved my problems. I have also updated the NVidia drivers to newest version (released today) and my Hackintosh works perfectly fine again.

Thank you
same promblem and same solution thanks koprkuba, i solved my problem

Oh my god!
@koprkuba, you are godsend!

Mods! Make it sticky! This is really good piece of advice!!!!
Damn it!
I still have issues.
I was able to boot into the macOS without nvidia drivers loaded. I then copied the kext files and also update the nvidia driver.

But still I am in reboot loop.

I also noticed that my clover is not recognizing my USB devices (keyboard or mouse), so to navigate in clover boot menu I attached PS2 keyboard and this works. After booting into macOS without nvidia drivers loaded the USB devices also started working.

Looking forward for any advice or hints what to do.

Also, does anyone have anyidea, why I am not able to boot into Recovery? It just gets stuck when loading.

I am having the same issue, but I was able to find a random hack which will allow you to boot to the system GUI.
  • Press SPACEBAR
  • Select verbose mode -v
  • Wait until the system boot to the shell prompt (you will see the whole boot sequence printing on screen debug log)
  • Your system should boot into the GUI, where you can login without the GPU acceleration.
At least this work for me. If this help, can you please let me know if the Lilu kext did the job? And provide a step by step guide how you resolve this? I am not sure if I have to only change the Lilu in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder or also somewhere else.

Thank you in advance

OKEY, I managed to boot with this trick but when I reach the desktop it reboots suddenly without any message
this is making me crazy
i could boot without nv_disable=1 but with -s -v
and all my kext are in the clover efi partition (CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHERS/) NOT on system partition (LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS/) because I have access to efi partition from windows (dual boot)

EDIT : I can also boot with -liluoff in normal mode and nvidia is not using web driver(out of date drivers) but the reboot problem when reaching desktop is the same

BIG EDIT !!!! :::: I made it !!
1/ first from windows I entred to EFI partition and deleted emuvariableuefi-64.efi (no reboot after that)
2/ copy all kext from other to 10.13 (copy not move)
3/ boot while adding -liluoff bootflag
4/ install new nvidia web drivers when the updater prompt or download them manually from nvidia website
5/ install lilu.kext, FakeSMC.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to system partition (Library/Extensions)
NB: I used KextBeast to install the kexts
6/ reboot and enjoy (I'm so happy and writing this from macos)
7/I hope this could help everybody

Last edited:
I added Lilu.kext, NVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into
  • /System/Library/Extensions/
  • /Library/Extensions/
directories on the MacOS System Partition.

And Lilu.kext, NVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, FakeSMC.kext into
  • /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
directory on the EFI partition.

This resolved my problems. I have also updated the NVidia drivers to newest version (released today) and my Hackintosh works perfectly fine again.

Thank you
Where is the best place to download the Lilu.kext, NVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, and FakeSMC.kext?

i have a loop, and can not update. it boots again, but with no update installed. i have searched all the folders where lilu.kext should be, and all my mac, but i have no such kext. dont know what to do.

• Press SPACEBAR
  • Select verbose mode -v

Thank you in advance

Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back