Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
B450
CPU
Ryzen 5 3600
Graphics
Nvidia 1660
Hi,
I installed el capitan and everything works very well.the ONLY problem is that if I start el capitan from the USB bootloader works , but if I start from the bootloader installed on the HDD el capitan not working.
How can I fix this annoying problem ?

Thanks , sorry for my english

Hi,
I installed el capitan and everything works very well.the ONLY problem is that if I start el capitan from the USB bootloader works , but if I start from the bootloader installed on the HDD el capitan not working.
How can I fix this annoying problem ?

Thanks , sorry for my english

Did you do the post installation of installing Clover? Did you copy your config.plist from the USB to EFI folder on your hard drive?

I have exactly the same problem.
All I did so far is installing Multibeast and picking Legacy BIOS Clover (as I have only legacy BIOS). Do we need to do something more than that?

I have exactly the same problem.
All I did so far is installing Multibeast and picking Legacy BIOS Clover (as I have only legacy BIOS). Do we need to do something more than that?
you need a config.plist file that is best suited for your system the one on the usb installer will work but its mostly a universal one that will boot almost all systems you should get a copy of clover configurator and play around with it until you get a nice working system it will take some time and lost of trial and error unless you exactly what your system needs

you need a config.plist file that is best suited for your system the one on the usb installer will work but its mostly a universal one that will boot almost all systems you should get a copy of clover configurator and play around with it until you get a nice working system it will take some time and lost of trial and error unless you exactly what your system needs

Oh, well...Didn't knew about it. Everything seems to be working fine with the universal one though. I just need to use this boot flag all the time: npci=0x3000.
So I can copy it from the USB and paste it to EFI?

Oh, well...Didn't knew about it. Everything seems to be working fine with the universal one though. I just need to use this boot flag all the time: npci=0x3000.
Yes you can copy and paste it to the EFI and you can use clover configurator to add the boot flag to it so you won't have to type it in every time

When you boot to a USB drive, you use the Clover configuration (mainly: config.plist, kexts, and any ACPI information) on the EFI partition of the USB drive. When you boot from the System drive, you use the Clover configuration on the system drive. After you first do a clean install of OS X, the EFI partition on the system drive has nothing, so the MultiBeast post-install is what populates it -- and it gives you a somewhat generic configuration. If you had to make specific fixes to the USB Clover configuration, you'll likely have to do them again to the system drive Clover configuration.

If any of you continue to have problems booting to the system drive (but booting to USB works), here's a procedure to copy all the relevant EFI contents from USB drive to system drive.

If there are still problems after that, please boot verbose (space bar from the Clover menu) and post a photo of the screen where it stops or just before it reboots.

if you're booting using clover legacy, you can't just copy EFI from usb to your HD.

you need to run the clover installer (legacy) and install on your HD. that will install some boot files on your HD and in MBR. THEN you can overwrite the EFI folder that the installer created on the HD with the EFI folder from your USB stick.

if you were using UEFI booting, then you could merely copy your usb EFI folder to your HD EFI partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back