1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey all,
got my Hackintosh up and running this morning, you have no idea how excited i am right now!
anyway, i used Multibeast to install Chimaira, and have also downloaded the stand alone installer but neither of them seem to work :-/
each time i startup the machine, it comes up with a series of

Boot 0:<insert random system related word here>

lines before coming up with

Boot 0:error

it does this whether i bootup normally and allow it to do its thing, or whether i go through the boot drive selection screen on the mobo (im using a GA-B75M-D3P). The only way i can get it to boot on my HD is to boot using the unibeast drive and use Chimaira that way...

anyone got any ideas why its not working?

good call sir!
ive managed to get the bootloader to run now, but whenever i select my HD it just hangs on the startup screen (apple logo with the swirling clock like thing underneath it) :-/
Startup in verbose mode, it should tell you where your problem is.

Attachments

• 20121203_171719.jpg
    20121203_171719.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 516
i tried all those options before, and they all ended in the same thing.

i did have a tp-link card in, which ive taken out. Ive now run it again in Verbose mode and its now frozen at this point:

20121203_220419.jpg

nope still freezing on

ATHR: unknown locale: 21

well this is something different...

i completely wiped the disk and reinstalled ML, this time selecting the DSDT installation at the top of the Multibeast menu (as well as the audio drivers that i need). i made sure to do all this before doing anything else. That all installed and ran fine, but i still got the whole boot0: error nonsense come up. So i did the Terminal command line thing and the bootloader comes up fine. This time however it waits on the apple logo screen and then snaps to a plain white screen, as if it was about to load up the desktop but stopped. If i run it in Verbose mode, it goes through the whole process but then at the end, instead of sitting on the one line it again snaps to a white screen.

Its still not working but its something different...

right...well...this is interesting.

i thought id leave it for the night, it was getting pretty late so id attempt to tackle it in the morning.
When i got up i turned the machine on, and it just worked! The bootloader came up and did its thing and it just worked! Ill just point out that i took out all the cards that were in the machine and am using the mobo's DVI port.

Im naturally suspicious when something does that so i restarted the machine and tried it again. This time the display went wrong, it only displayed in about a third of the screen, and had about 10 representations of the desktop screen in this small area, all in a long line...weird i know. It did this twice.
The third time i put in -v -x npci=0x2000 before booting and it again seemed to work fine. I have tried this twice now and it works. HOWEVER if i boot up without using -v -x npci=0x2000 it again goes back to the screwed up display:

20121204_095343.jpg

im going to try it with the G.card in again and see what happens...

UPDATE I:
Right, tried it with the GPU back in, and in both instances it stops on a white screen. It runs through everything fine but then hangs when its about to load the desktop...compatibility issue with the graphics card?

UPDATE II:
actually, scrap that idea, even using the mobo's dvi port it still brings up the above screen, so it cant be the GPU...however, again when i use -v -x npci=0x2000 at startup it displays without any problems....

UPDATE III:
heres another interesting thing.
i was playing around with some more of the stuff in Multibeast after reading some posts about the GraphicsEnabler=No thing with regards to 6xx GPUs. I thought "what've i got to lose" so ran that one and now it seems to boot up fine with the GPU installed. I haven't tested it again to check but could that have something to do with it?

i seem to have it working now!
i ran that GraphicsEnambler=No kext from Multibeast and ever since it seems to be working fine, ive had one instance where, after it boots up and loads the desktop, the cursor wont move, but i just restart and it works fine. Hmm...

either way thanks a million for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back