i5 2500k @ 3.30GHz
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 / GeForce GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,

I'm almost up and running completely with my High Sierra installation. However if I boot with two monitors plugged ind my 1060 GTX I get a black screen after the drivers are loaded halfway through boot.

I feel like I've tried all the options I could find.

I've tried with VideoPorts set to 5 and BootDisplay 0-4 and Inject/Nvidia true/false as recommended in this post:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-black-screen-with-dual-monitor-connected.223082/

I don't have GraphicsEnabler set to true as mentioned in this post:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/read-me-first-graphics-setup-troubleshooting.183617/

and now I'm out of ideas :(

I can hear the Web Drivers are loaded halfway through booting as the rotation of the fans slows significant down. However afterwards the loading bar and apple logo disappears and shows only a black screen with background light. If I connect one of the monitors after booting to the desktop both monitors works great.

gfx.jpg

I have one monitor connected to the DVI connector and one monitor in one of the HDMI connectors with a HDMI -> VGA adapter

Last edited:
So OSX hasn't supported VGA in ages, are you able to connect your second monitor directly via HDMI or DP? I suspect the adapter may be the culprit although the fact it works after boot is interesting. When I was using my Nvidia 960, I had three monitors connected, one DVI, one HDMI and one DP, I had no issues booting or using all three monitors.

Hey @ashman70 , thanks for the reply! :) Unfortunately the monitor is a relic with only a VGA input hence the adapter :( I'm using one of those adapters with a USB power plug so I thought that maybe OS X would just see it as a HDMI device and the device handled the converting of the digital output to analog;

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 13.04.53.png

And as you mention it is weird it works if I plug in the monitor as soon as the machine is booted

Just to rule out the adapter / HDMI i bought a DP -> VGA adapter with same result as before. After the driver is loaded both screen goes black. the VGA monitor says no input the DVI monitor gets an "input" but a black one apparently :problem:

I'd be looking for a more modern monitor if you can, no point in wasting anymore time with the VGA monitor.

I guess you're right :) A new monitor is going to be the next purchase..

I found out that if I wait for the progress/loading bar to appear and I plug my monitor in just after it works fine. I guess it might be a setting, maybe in my UEFI/Clover, that is getting a wrong value somehow

It's possible, best to try and find someone with the same board as you, perhaps they can help based on their settings.

I gave it one last shot .. If I enable CSM in the bios the two monitors are getting a signal! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back