Contribute
Register

Booting with Radeon 7850 not possible, how fix it? (its for Windows, in Mac OS I'm using HD 4000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
Intel i5 3570k
Graphics
Zotac Geforce GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, first I want to say sorry for my bad english, I'm from germany, but I will try my best!

Today I installed succesfully my Hackintosh system!

Components:
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
Intel i5-3570
Sapphire Radeon 7850

My plan was to work with two BIOS profiles. In the Mac OS Profile I enabled the integrated Graphics (HD 4000) and set it to init first on Display. This works great!
For booting Win 7 I want to choose a Win 7 BIOS profile where I will disable the HD 4000.

So when I today installed Mountain Lion I had to plug of the Power Adapter from the Radeon because otherwise the installation didnt run. Well, now all is installed and works great. But when I turn the pc off, plug the radeon on and try to boot Mac OS (with enabled HD 4000 and init display first IGFX), it doesnt boot!

GraphicsEnabler is YES, because with NO the HD 4000 doesnt work correct, i couldn't set my resolution (full HD) and there were some graphic faults.

So, how can i fix this problem?

I don't want to plug in and out the Radeon everytime when I switch the OS!

Thanks for help!

for all I've seen, the 7850 is completely unsupported.
It simply will not work, at all.

And the chances of it being supported anytime in the near future are ~0%, unless Apple changes direction and goes with AMD rather than Nvidia.

But again, all signs are pointing to Nvidia partnering with Apple for the foreseeable future.

This is only what I've read, so...

Edit: srr, just read it is for Windows.
I assume you are using Bootcamp?

If you are not using bootcamp then there is no reason it shouldn't work if you set your BIOS to PCI grfx. If you are using bootcamp, I have no idea.

Hi, thank you for the answer!

Yes, its only for Windows, and no, i don't use bootcamp.

I have set Bios to use the HD 4000, not PCI Grfx, like you wrote!

But when I want to boot it dont boot Mac OS, it only works when I plug off the Power cable of the Radeon.

Hey did you found any solution for yourself? because I have the exact same problem.

I have the same problem but with running two 6970 in crossfire.
I have never been able to get them to work properly in my hack so i figured a way around the situation.
First of all i only use windows for gaming thus the two 6970. With that said
My monitor has multiple inputs hdmi dvi vga etc etc.
I ran my video straight off the board as bootable into my hack.
in windows i set my 6950 as the default graphic card.
I then set my monitor to auto detect signal.
When i boot up it boots in with the 4000 graphic setting active.
If i choose to game in windows i reboot luanch windows and my 6950 pic up and launch.
I now its childish but it works. My monitor was actually the hero in my build.

I just bought a 7950 and had the exact same problem.

I set up my bios to use the integrated 3000HD igpu then when I get to the bootloader I enter GraphicsEnabler=No -v -f and everything boots okay.

*Edit* Re-read your opening post, seems you had the same problem as me with GraphicsEnabler=No, 1024x768 and no graphic acceleration.

Is there a way to force the bootloader to use the 3000HD, rather than trying to init the PCIE card instead?

Hello guys. I have the same problem. But I stuck at finding gfxutil program. Is this program still available?

And here it is my problem in 2 sentences. I have 3570k + gigabyte z77x-udh3 and if I do not use (physically) my Radeon 6950 everything is fine. But I do not want to plug my dedicated video card in order to boot the windows where I will play games and unplug it to boot the Mac OS.

Do you have ideas what could be done in order to make the OS X understand that it should use the hd4000 instead of the Radeon?

You can find gfxutil in the archive here. Although I haven't tested it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back