GA-B75M-D3P
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1050
Mac
  1. iMac
[SOLVED] Booting up takes forever with GT 640 Graphics Card

Thanks largely to Tony and all the great posts and support here, I managed to get my first build up and running with minimal fuss. That was until I decided to add a GT 640 graphics card! Im hoping someone out there might be able to push me in the right direction and help with getting it working properly.

My current system is.....

i7 3770 CPU
32 GB Ram
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P Motherboard
Gigabyte geforce GT 640 Graphics Card

After installing the GT 640 the system recognised it straight away, although the HD 4000 was still showing up as the primary graphics in system report and inside photoshops graphics preferences. It would appear the GT 640 was just taking up space on my motherboard and not really doing anything.

After much fiddling and reading I opened Multibeast and ticked the 'graphicsenable=no' box and changed the bios settings from 'int display first - IGFX' to 'PEG'.

Then when I booted up it hung on the bios logo screen for about 2 minutes (delete button did nothing during this time), before suddenly kicking into life and OSX booted up.

The system now only recognises the GT 640 card which is great, but something is obviously wrong somewhere. The start up used to be super fast prior to adding the GT 640, but now takes minutes instead of seconds.

Any thoughts on what I might have done wrong or might have missed??? Any help would be gratefully received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back