Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Booting problems with Mojave 10.14.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 AORUS PRO
CPU
i9 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
RX 580
Hi all,

Two years ago i build my hackintosh (runs on Mojave 10.14.6) and it all went very well. Since then i used it on a daily basis and it seemed that after one year the booting process became slower and slower (First it took approx. 30sec and a week ago it took 3min).

Today i tried to boot it again. After 3min of black screen it randomly took me to the bootloader, where i tried to boot from the ssd-drive OSX is sitting on. Unfortunately no luck. A few booting-attempts later (i always had to force the turn-off of the hackintosh) it randomly worked and could login as normal.

Someone had this problem too? Unfortunately I couldnt figure out if its a hardware or software problem.
Attached you'll find my EFI-Folder. Could anybody have a look at this? How can i solve the booting problem and how can i improve the booting process?

Thanks for your help!

Best, othernoise

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.6 MB · Views: 72
Seems like a hardware issue to me. Possible failing HDD or file system corruption from improper shutdown.

On top of that your /EFI has some problems :

You have three memory fix drivers (AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, Test2.efi and OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi) all of which do the same job and are mutually exclusive. Use one of them.

You should keep all of your kexts in the /Other folder.

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 21.46.38.png

Having debug enabled in your config.plist saves a log file with each boot and adversley affects boot times.

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 21.51.56.png

You should not need to inject Intel graphics when using WhateverGreen.kext (or set an ig-platform-id).

Hi P1LGR1M

Thank you so much for responding. You're my hero!
After making your recommended changes on EFI, it seems to works again.

But i agree with you, there probably is a hardware issue on my side.
I will clone/backup my hard-drive, just in case it burns someday in the future!

Mark as solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back